KRProtect INSTRUCTIONS? FTLOG where are they?

• Can anyone PLEASE tell me where I can find REAL LIVE PUBLISHED INSTRUCTIONS on how to setup and use the KRProtect tool.
    Please, step by step, including any issues with the .swf name change from krpano to my own as I've already finished a licensed tour with all the trimmings and want to post online securely.
    I Tried:
    Website Documenation
    Website Tools
    Website Plugins
    Forum - numerous searches

Sorry if it's a snake and about to bite me, but I wear glasses :)

• OK,
    Now I'm confused about the concept and requirements for using krprotect. The krprotect is to both protect, by embedding, xml files AND the krpano license information yes (TRUE/FALSE/other/more)?

INSTRUCTIONS ???
    From your linked post I gather there to be 2 primary steps - (1) Setup of original krpano.swf (as downloaded from Klaus), (2)then create tours using the droplets, then protect them. If this is a step 1 step 2 process, I worry that any tours I created before step 1 will have to be completely redone. ???
    Anyway, I will try to relate what I gather as accurately as possible in hopes you can shed some light.

First you should know I have a licensed version with unlimited domain use. The license's are in the appropriate locations and I am already creating usable tours and they function online with no problems.
    I have a demo up at this location (and it's the one I want to protect):
    http://www.360rama.com/emerald/tour.html
    That is my first "major" attempt at a tour which includes a number of plugs and adjustments. Interestingly enough, when I try to open the xml file in my browser (Firefox), I can't. Not sure if that's normal or not, or some form of protection by default.

Anyway, my summary -
    It appears that step 1 is this:
    Download the latest version of krpano and tools
    Properly place your license files in the folders containing both krpano.swf and krpano tools as necessary
    Run KRProtect and "Setup" (as described in your post) the original krpano.swf file that will be referenced and used by the the droplets when creating a tour
    Step 2:
    Drag and drop your pano onto one of the droplets and you get a generated tour in a new folder
    Run KRProtect again, browse to the new folder and reference your new "tour.swf" file, choose a few settings, and embed any or all xml files
    Execute your selections and it generates a new .swf file which is used to replace your "tour.swf" file within the new folder
    Now you have embedded xml and protected licensing all within a single .swf file
    Now you can upload all files (except the original xml files) to your website and your license and xml files should be protected! ??

Does that summarize correctly??? If yes, what to do about tours created before "step 1 Setup of krpano.swf"? I would gather that I should simply create a new folder and put my pano in there, create a new tour, replace any newly generated files (except the swf) with my existing project files, then protect the new swf file while embedding xml's.

If my understanding is incorrect, then please clarify.
    I also just noted that when viewing the source code for my html, there is a generated link to my .js file within the scripting. Linking to that file (tour.js) opens up the js page and subsequently shows my name and license key.... Is this also something that is supposed to get protected? Does the js file get embedded also? Should I remove this "demo" from my site ASAP?

Thanks,
    Tony

• Ouch, iPhone how I hate thee. I went back to add a line and it erased everything I had written. I will try again when I get home.

Edit: As far as I can tell, kprotect is only good for the flash version. Are you wanting to use the iPhone viewer?

Anyway, the newer bat tools automatically protect your license into the .swf and the .js files. The .js files can't be embedded with kprotect.

What you can do if you want to use kprotect for flash is:

MAKE A COPY OF THE FOLDER JUST IN CASE, THEN:

In the setup, make sure your licenses are installed as well as the newest krpano.swf from the viewer package.

Then choose which option you wish to use. domain protected or xml option.

Pick the xml(s) to be embedded and then generate the .swf naming it the same as the one in your tour folder. This will replace it with one that has the xml embedded. Delete the xml files.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Jarredja (7. Februar 2011 um 04:29)

• So at this point it appears that the new bat files handle "most" of the protection my files need, the only thing that krprotect can do for me now is actually embed the xml files so no one can see my work, or help me create executables. Does that about sum it up?
    And you are stating that if I embed the xml files in the swf, then my tour wont work with iphone???

When it is stated "Protects the license" ... what exactly does that mean? What is being protected? Because if it is a License Key, that is plainly visible in my .js file. Did you have a look at my demo, perhaps browse the containing folder (emerald), find and view the .js file. The license key is there plain as day with my name. Not sure if that can be used by someone else or not as it appears the actual license "file" is not available. Is that the "key issue" with protection via the new bat files... that the license file, or data, is not available for use "with the key"?

• When it is stated "Protects the license" ... what exactly does that mean? What is being protected

The "protection" was created with the flash product in mind. The iPhone license came later. I believe it was to keep others from downloading YOUR license file that was just sitting on your server and using it for their own. The protection put the license into the swf and if you used the domain protect, it could not be used anywhere else.

If someone wants to steal a copy of the software there are ways to get it. The protection was to keep people honest. ( my opinion )

As for the iPhone:
    I took a tour and embedded the XML files and got a 404 error on the iPhone because the XML needs to be accessed. It cannot be accessed in the .swf. Thanks Apple.

Otherwise, what you have stated is in line with what I believe to be correct.

Jarred

• Hi,

I'm not sure to understand the best way to use the Kprotect. (nefar1ous)

Zitat

Run KRProtect and "Setup" (as described in your post) the original krpano.swf file that will be referenced and used by the the droplets when creating a tour.

What does it change, concretely.? Jarredja, you said :

Zitat

"Anyway, the newer bat tools automatically protect your license into the .swf and the .js files. The .js files can't be embedded with kprotect.

Is that truth with the 1.0.8.12? If so, do we still need to use kprotect ? (except for the xml)

Zitat

"Protecting your License

Tie it to your domain using these steps.

1. choose the Protect Tab

7.Click the "Generate protected file"
    8.Save the file in place of your .swf file in your tour.

I keep it krpano.swf (your call) If you change it, you have to correct it in the html and possibly other places. I always leave it krpano.swf
    "

Do i need to load or give krpano license on the web server.? For me it works great without. Is that because it had been embedded in the .swf?. If so, does anyone could get it from the .swf ?

The simplest way i found, for the moment, is to encrypt my xml with keeping a copy.! Is that enough to protect, at least my work, when it's loaded on the web server.? As we can't protect a .js file, what about the i-phone license ?

Zitat

"So at this point it appears that the new bat files handle "most" of the protection my files need, the only thing that krprotect can do for me now is actually embed the xml files so no one can see my work, or help me create executables. Does that about sum it up?
    And you are stating that if I embed the xml files in the swf, then my tour wont work with iphone???"

Is that truth Jarredja ? Because it's really important for me that it works on i-phone and i-pad. (of course i've bought the license!). You were talking about the case when you don't have any main xml, only a .swf, correct? If so, what about then with encrypted xml. Does it work ?

Anyway so far, (2 days), even with unprotected files, it doesn't work at all on i-phone or i-pad. It works great on line. I've checked the tablets and mobile tiles (512 and 1024). So ..!? It's my first test since i bought the i-phone license. Any beginner' mistake to avoid ?

Thanks. *smile*

Steph

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von esys (9. Februar 2011 um 20:31)

• My understanding of this subject is: kprotect only protects a flash only tour.

The new bat files do put your license into the swf as well as the .js file so you don't need to use kprotect anymore. (as long as you have the licenses in the tools folder) You do NOT need to put your licenses online anymore as long as you use the generated .swf and .js from the new Bat files.

Note: I have not tried to encrypt the images and use with an iPhone. I don't currently know if that feature works with the JavaScript version.

All I can say for sure is test it out. If someone else has had other experiences please let us know here.

Jarred

• Thanks for your time Jarredja..

I've tried to upload an encrypt xml file instead of the original one. It doesn't work on line but on local yes.!? (didn't test on i-phone) Message error "element malformed 1090". ???

Thanks for any answer. I think it's important to protect at least our xml.

• You upload your protected swf, and remove the reference to the xml file, since it's embedded.

And if its going to be a naked swf, you need to preset your basedir and prepend the basedir or swfpath (whichever is applicable) to any image calls.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!