OSM layer in gmaps pluign

• Hello.
    Is there any possibility to use map layers OSM?
    On the map it can be used with the code :

• Hi!
    1. If you have the source code of the plugin, you can override custom overlay tiles URL there (not recommended, because the entire map will be overlayed with the OSM tiles, which may cause perfomance and memory issues).
    2. If you have the source code of the plugin, you can create custom map type for OSM (recommended).
    3. You can save needed OSM tiles and place them in the tiles folder in that manner: "tiles/Z_Y_X.jpg". Plugin will load them automatically.
    (review Tile usage policy ).

P.S. Correct me, if I missed something.

Edited once, last by jaydee (February 7, 2011 at 2:44 PM).

3. You can save needed OSM tiles and place them in the tiles folder in that manner: "tiles/Z_Y_X.jpg". Plugin will load them automatically

How to do it?

• Hi all,

Is this easy to do for a weak programmer? If I interpret what Jaydee says, I open FlashBuilder (for my first use), I find the lines where the path is for the new tiles (either OSM or my own map that I transform in tiles - maybe with krpano?) , I compile the script with FlashBuilder and voilà ! Then I can switch between the krpano GGM plugin or the new compiled plugin in the xml file. Isn't it?
    I'll surely have some problems to find the good menus in FlashBuilder but may be here or elsewhere somebody will accept to give me a hand ?
    (also have to find how to name and arrange the tiles)

Thanks for your help,

Phil

• Hi all,

Is this easy to do for a weak programmer? If I interpret what Jaydee says, I open FlashBuilder (for my first use), I find the lines where the path is for the new tiles (either OSM or my own map that I transform in tiles - maybe with krpano?) , I compile the script with FlashBuilder and voilà ! Then I can switch between the krpano GGM plugin or the new compiled plugin in the xml file. Isn't it?
    I'll surely have some problems to find the good menus in FlashBuilder but may be here or elsewhere somebody will accept to give me a hand ?
    (also have to find how to name and arrange the tiles)

Thanks for your help,

Phil

Hi! Do not consider this solution as production-ready. Entire map overlaying will cause perfomance issues.
    The better solution is to implement custom tiles provider. It is not so difficult as it seems to be.

• Jaydee,

Thanks for your response. My though was to only get the tiles that I need; that was your advice in a previous post. The thing I fear more is the understanding of the process and find the right lines to change before compiling.
    Is there any available tutorial? Do you think that it's easily doable with little skills in programming ?

Thanks for your help

Phil

• Hi Jaydee,

Thanks for your reponse.
    MapTiler does the work I need. Thanks for the info.
    But now I've bought the source-code for GGM, I need to make the new layer appear, so I shall create a new post.

Regards

Phil

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!