YET ANOTHER NEWBIE with problems :(

• Hello friends,

I’ve searched the forum for the answers but what I’ve found I don’t understand. I hope this won’t be too painful for the vets here.

I just purchased the license and I’m trying to get started and running into a few issues. I’m rendering 3D interiors in 3D Max 2009 with the panoramic utility and my first test was rendered with a fisheye at 3072x1536. (Too small for a decent final?)

I’m using Dreamweaver 2004 and my website is hosted by GoDaddy. First, I’ve followed the instructions to the letter from the license folder text doc:

Copy the krpano.license into the same folder as the krpano.swf.

I’ve managed to follow the rudimentary procedure and did a drag and drop. I still have the watermark on my internal sample – and when I try to publish to my website (hosted by GoDaddy) I get that black screen -- “FATAL: LICENCE ERROR”.

When I view the HTML doc the room is completely distorted and stretched out. (Because it’s being forced into my screen at 1680 x 1050 monitor resolution?)

I’m reading the page “Problems on IIS Servers / MIME Type” but I’m just lost. Is this something I do on GODaddy’s end and my hosting account or my computer?

Despite the trouble getting going I’m very excited into learning the software. What an amazing application! But that’s my shortcomings in coding. Im a graphic designer trying to learn how to fly a plane with a blindfold.

Here's a screen shot of my folders of the tools and viewer -- thanks for any help in advance.

• Did you run your rendered image through one of the tools? Such as the "make pano(normal).bat"? If you did your license should already be embedded into the swf without having to place the license on the server at all.

• I see so you do need to upload it to your host server. (man I need a Mac really BAD!!)

And yes Jarredja, I took my rendered image and I followed the little VTOUR thing about the dropplets and used the "MAKE VTOUR (NORMAL)" droplet.

Uisng Windows XP -- when I unzipped everything I put the three folders; license, Tools and Viewer in my C/My Docs/Pano folder.

So what do you guys think about the rez on my test run..the finals need to be much larger dont they? And Im thinking that it stretched it to fit into my monitor - it looked very distored...like I was looking through a very wide angle lens.

• Still the same two problems to deal with first.

I uploaded the lic file to my server and I still have the water mark when I view local, and Fatal Lic Error when I try to view the page.

Are there any other screen grabs I could to to help see what Ive got going here? Ive gone into the permissions tab on my host and all are set properly. Except of course not allow to be "executable". This is really frustrating. Im following instructions and Im still having the issues. I appreciate all the help

gents.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von 3d geek (14. Februar 2011 um 03:20)

• Hi,

I’m rendering 3D interiors in 3D Max 2009 with the panoramic utility and my first test was rendered with a fisheye at 3072x1536. (Too small for a decent final?)

about distortion - what do you mean with "was rendered with a fisheye"?
    the resulting pano is spherical / equirectangular image, or?

about the license problems:
    please post a link to the problematic pano,

or maybe try that:
    1. make sure that all krpano licenses are in the krpano tools folder (on your screenshot they are already there)
    2. then move your pano image via drag and drop on the "MAKE PANO (SINGLE-SWF) droplet"
    3. upload the generated html and swf file

best regards,
    Klaus

• Klaus,

Thanks for your help and thanks to Jarred as well.

Ive solved these issues and am moving foward. Rather, Jarred solved them for me via PM *thumbup*

This software is the greatest thing since sliced bread! Im very excited. But fear not Klaus, for I will post some more frantic pleas for help ASAP. *tongue*

As for my question about the distortion, it was because i wasnt doing it correctly.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!