• One of our recent clients has requested a meter squared grid to be project on the x axis so viewers can gain a sense of scale (up to 15 meters away from the camera position).

I have a few ways in mind in how I can produce this but it seems to be a little bit more complicated that first thoughts. Has anyone produced anything like this before?

With a fixed camera hight, my initial plan was to create a grid made of rope on a flat area, stitch it together and within Krpano project a vector grid overlay on the X axis at the size the matches the size of my rope grid. At this point I will know that my vector grid is calibrated.

Ideally I think it would be best for Krpano to distort the grid for the necessary projection, rather than simulating this first hand in Photoshop (which I think will be less accurate).

Another question is: does anyone know how I can insert an overlay, fix its position and let krpano take care of the distortion?

*blink*

• you could easily do this in 3d. Do you just want 1 single row of squares 1 by 1 meter? 15 metre from the camera. On which cameraheight do you want it?
    I would create a flat circle of 15m radius and a circle of 16meter. that circle would be 2 * pie * 16 around = +/- 100.5 meter. so 1meter would be every, 360 / 100.5 meter= 1 meter every 3.58 degree. Then you extrude the circle with 1meter on z.

In real world, just take a rope of 15meter, tie it to your camera nodal. then you walk back untill the rope is streched, place a pole, walk a bit to left and place another then you connect it with ropes. You would need a lot of poles and alot of rope (100 poles 1 metre from eachother, 100meter rope).

• I think what you have described is a circular grid scale that will give viewers a sense of distance away from the camera.

In fact I'm looking for 15 lines (15 meters long) each seperated by 1 meter connecting North and South, then the same again from East to west. This will make a 1Meter square grid.

If the room is square and has pipes running along the floor, a viewer will be able to estimate the length of the pipe by following the closest parallel line.

I hope this makes sense.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!