• Hi all,

I'm having trouble on thinking how should I use KRPANO with a database manager or a CMS as Joomla, so I could navigate through a Tour, with a dynamic upload of panoramas and some information of each.

Should I create a plugin in flash with actionscript that receives information from joomlas database and a joomla component so it can communicate via xml to krpano.

Or the other way around, should I control the upload of panoramas of krpano with only information of joomlas database without needing to go through AS3.

Please let me know, its really important, as I need to know what software should I buy.
    I'm thinking on AutoPano Giga + Panotour Pro, thus with krpano :)
    But need to be clear on how could I develop it in the proper way.

best regards,
    sajornad *g*

--
    VS Team

• Its dependent of the goal you want.

Live update/connection with plugins, would always carry the newest information. so if you update something while a visitor is visiting, he will see it immediately when a plugin is activated (maybe some cache issues). Downside is, you can't easily migrate a tour, so you always have to host it yourself. Plus side is, less likely to be stolen and useless if it gets stolen. Alsoo a server is better at handling lots of requests instead of 1 bulk request.

The other technique is usefull if you want to sell tours to other people, since the tour will be clean of php and db connections etc. Downside is, you have to "publish" the tour when you update even a simple textfile, the whole xml has to be rebuild (or in worse cases, the whole tour). Another downside could be, this publishes is usually 1 bulk request, which is not something you want to do if you have many users doing this. Plus side = clean code

• Hi Zephyr,

Maybe my question wasn't as clear as I thought.

My question is, how should I create a Platform wich enables me to upload specific information of each panorama in a Tour?

Should I connect the as3 from the flash plugin to Joomla?

Or should I connect Joomla's DB to manage the xml of krpano?

Or is it me that didn't understood your solution?

best regards,
    sajornad

--
    VS Team

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!