Auto thumbnails plugin (part of OrangeInterface)

• Hello!

Here is example of ScrollThumbs plugin usage. Scenes separate by group (levels). It can be used for House levels. Or for Image gallery.
    DEMO
    XML
    And you need to replace thumbnails_current function (need for cingle current thumb, now each thumbnails group has own current thumb)

Updated! *thumbsup*
    Now vertical thumbs available! DEMO
    I'll update plugin page soon.
    Additional attribute vertical (true/false) vertical="true" makes thumbnails vertical.
    It can be changed dinamicaly. Just set thumbnails[name].vertical and rebuild thumbs.

Hope you like it! *thumbup*
    Andrey

Andrey *thumbup*

PS - you can add more then one thumbnails in one xml. In this example you can see image gallery based on ScrollThumbs (click on camera hotspot)

• I purchased the OrangeScrollThumbs under the impression that it would work with the Ipad, it appears that this is not the case. It works fine on desktop displays but will not display correctly on my ipad or iphone.

Please comment.

Marcus.

• I assumed that because the example version included in the distributed zip file didn't display properly that I wouldn't have much of a chance at getting to to work with my project.

The issue I had with the sample included in the distribution was:

• The thumbnail bar displayed vertically in the middle of the screen with a single orange button middle bottom.
    • The Thumbnails were not selectable at all.

Cheers, Marcus

• You can configure them however you like.

I know they can be configured however they like but what I am trying to understand before invest any amount of time in to it is whether it is supposed to display the same on the iPad is it is on a desktop because at present, as I have stated above, the example included in the distributed zip file does not work on my iPad. I will expand more.

When I load the sample on my chrome desktop browser it gives me the thumbs vertical in the middle of the screen and scrolling works the way it should.
    There is a button to switch vert/hor and four buttons that switch scenes and scroll the thumbs left/right. This all works perfectly.

When I load the sample on my iPad browser strange things happen. On the first load I get a plain orange button with no text. If I refresh the iPad browser I get 6 thumbs displayed vertically on my screen and an orange button with no text. The other buttons that are displayed on the desktop version are not there at all. As I mentioned in my previous post the clicking on the thumbs do nothing, clicking on the blank orange button does nothing and the thumbs do not scroll.

Now if you tell me that the include example is supposed to work exactly the same on the iPad as it does on the desktop version then I can go ahead and troubleshoot but I don't want to waste my time if it was never supposed to be the same for both desktop and iPad.

Please read the instructions that came with them.

Are you referring to the readme.txt which I have read? Or is there more detailed documentation that I am missing.

• Ariel - I have the same problem with autohide="false" not working with autohthumbs. Where you able to resolve this issue?

• Mindlessboss,

Since your plugins are very similarly named, I am a bit confused. Is the vertical scrolling available for the thumbsbase plugin too? I have sent multiple e-mails asking for an updated version with the vertical option but have not heard back. I was able to get the auto build thumbs working but have not seen the vertical option. Am I just missing it?

Thanks,

Jarred

• Thanks. I have received it now. I guess my first e-mail got lost as I sent it a while back. Thanks for the quick response today.

Edit: Time zones apparently affected us today. I forget not everyone lives in the USA and and may in fact be sleeping when I send e-mails in "my morning" time.

Thanks again for great support.

Jarred

Edited once, last by Jarredja (August 20, 2011 at 3:28 AM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!