Problem aligning loaded images.

• Hi,

I have 1013px X 590px flash area (shown below)

The whole interface thing is a plugin (png) with the screen area cut out so that the images show through it. Heres the code

I'm trying to get flat images (maps) to load within the cutout screen area but they always load in the center of the whole flash area (I marked their position in red in the image above) so whenever I want to load a flat image it is always displays in the wrong spot.

Is there any way to assign the exact area for the flat image to load? (in the window area and not centered). I guess I would like to add the location figures to each maps xml file.

No matter what adjustments I make to this code below nothing happens

<view fovtype="HFOV" limitview="fullrange" hlookat="0" vlookat="0" maxpixelzoom="1.0" />

Thanks,

Andrew

• Thanks for the reply Klaus.

I already use <area> in my global.xml file as shown below as it was a solution to stop the window being dragged larger and in turn making the flash viewer larger and degrading the image quality, plus putting the odd plugin out of place.

Code
    <area x="0" y="0" width="1013" height="590" />

Is it possible to add another <area> to individual xml files even though <include url="%SWFPATH%/global.xml"/> is present at the top of every xml file?

If I remove the <area x="0" y="0" width="1013" height="590" /> from the global file and add it to just the image xml file (making figure adjustments) then the entire flash area is shifted over to the left taking the plugin "mask" with it so the whole interface is messed up. I just want to put the new image inside the screen.

Thanks,

Andrew

• And the cloud finally lifts *w00t*

I eventually found the solution in another post HERE and combined with the recommended <area> function it worked a treat. I probably didn't explain it well enough.

If anyone has the same issue in the future..........

I removed <area x="0" y="0" width="1013" height="590" /> from my global file.

Added <area x="-95" y="0" width="100%" height="100%" /> to the images xml file which puts the image exactly in the cutout screen area of the interface plugin .

The trick then as noted in the post was to make sure all the plugins have parent="STAGE" applied to them so they all stay put but the loaded still image / pano can use the <area> info.

Had me frustrated for several days trying to get to this point.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!