You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.



  • "autiomaa" started this thread

Posts: 36

Location: Finland

Occupation: Photographer, Retoucher, Web Developer

  • Send private message


Friday, March 4th 2011, 7:26pm

Loading of scenes in multi-file virtual tour using Actions

Having problems with multi-file virtual tour where there's tons of different scenes divided to ~20 different XML files.

Problems are related to loading the specific scene from still unloaded XML file. Have about 3–9 scenes per XML file and while had them initially working nicely by using onstart="loadscene(scene_scenename, null, MERGE);" in the beginning of each XML file, now that I have moved to implement bit different kind of navigation system, would want to get things working so that I could jump to different scenes using something like this:

Source code

<!-- Load XML file -->
<!-- Load scene from the loaded file -->
<action name="panorama">
	loadpano(%1); loadscene(%2,null,MERGE);"

<plugin name="navigation-testing"	style="style_navigation"
	x="0" y="180"

Haven't got this working and as I still have problems with it, thought of asking help. Getting blank screen initially when clicking plugin (in this case, generic image defined in project wide XML file). Second click usually goes to the scene as the XML file has been loaded to the browser's cache.

As I'm not that experienced with inner working of Actions and don't know enough about programming, I could be missing something essential but hoping that some of you could help a bit. It would be needed that the solution would work on both Flash and JavaScript -based versions of krpano.

Little bit of background:

Initially, every panorama was in it's own XML file but after release of krpano I moved to using multiple scenes in one file. It was working nicely but the problem was the initial loading time of JavaScript -based krpano version (on iOS it was basically totally unusable until after long long wait before things had been loaded to the memory of the iOS device). Found solution for painfully slow load time of the presentation by dividing scenes to different files (each area in it's own file). Initially, things were working nicely as I found good way to link from file to next in my custom made bottom navigation and used onstart to jump to right start scene on each area. Problems started to come visible after I tried to get secondary navigation (map-based thing having tons of hotspots) to work: ability to jump to all locations was lost after moving from central file to area files. This is why I have been using quite bit of time trying to get things work in right way…