include statement causing problems

• Hello Everyone,

Not sure if anyone has seen a problem with include statements but I am having trouble with one. I bought Mindlessbosses Orange thumbnail scroller and started integrating it. I have an options.xml file that I use to load the core of my tour which includes sound, and a popup on load with several include statements. It all works as it should. I am trying to add the orange thumbnail scroller to it and for some reason I lose my popup, my sound goes away with an error "unknown action: playsound, and the thumbnail scroller never starts. If I remove my include statements the scroller works.

I've tried everything including merging all the xml into one file and I still have the problem. I know my sound works because when I check it on the ipad the scroller is there (albeit distorted) and sound is working.

Just wanted to know if anyone else has experience a similar problem and what tools can I use to trace any errors?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Robert

• the thumbs scroller must be responding to an event like onloadcomplete or onxmlcomplete. it must be interfereing with the way the actions are fired off. try adding a delayedcall to something and have it run a second later. or try to reorganize the way things are loads and executed.

• I thought of that and removed the event (the popup) completely. You can imagine there is an extremely large amount of code in the scroller. I tried removing bits and pieces where mine would allow the scroller to appear and only by removing my include statement will it appear.

I'll keep testing in hopes of someone running into this problem.

Thanks,

Robert

------Update

Fixed the problem. It was due to a loading order. Ended up placing my code at the very end of the last scene to solve the issue.

Robert

Edited once, last by rbudnikas (March 7, 2011 at 5:35 PM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!