Layer DIV content over a krpano?

• Hey there:

I have a krpano panorama embedded in in a Web page, inside a DIV (div id="panocontent"). I'm using the default krpano output & Javascript(s).

On my Web page I have a DIV which has some text and a button in it. On -most- browsers, this DIV overlays the krpano just fine. In Firefox on WinXP, the Flash content hides my buttons. I've tried changing wmode and other things (z-index has no effect, naturally), but no luck!

Advice?

• Hey folks -- Thanks for the feedback *smile*

Like I said, I'd played with wmode to no effect... Neither "opaque" nor "transparent" seem to make a difference. I'll chalk it up to Firefox, which has always seems to have some weird embedded media display issue w/each new release.

• hey guys,

Doug I'd like to see your example if you don't mind,....

I've tried hit and miss,..but when I was successful I found that it screwed up the functionality when viewed on the iphone.

Does your work on the iphone or was that not your intent,..it seems any layer editing I do to the the html screws up iphone functinality,..to add,.. a coder I'm not.

Rob

• getting DIVs over krpano with wmode is easy but you suffer from a performance decrease. it was no big geal to me until i updated to IE9. anything with wmode set in IE9 stutters so bad it is hardly viewable. So i have to try to find another method. Here is a link to a page where you can get a DIV over krpano without wmode at all.

it says for linux only but i tested it and it works in all brousers.
    http://blog.marcoos.com/2006/07/21/htm…x-its-possible/

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!