Volume control solution for iPad

• Hello Everyone,

My head has spun around trying to get volume control working. I have two different interfaces for one tour. One for ipad and the other for flash. Both tours play music but the one tour with on the ipad has two buttons, one to increase volume and the other to decrease volume. I'm trying to write an ondown or onclick event that will incrementally decrease/increase the volume. I'm at a loss and don't know if the code I provide will only frustrate you all. Something that I thought was simple is difficult. If anyone has a good example that they could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Robert

• Just a thought here, does the iPod on steriods a.k.a. The iPad not have volume control like the iPods and iPhones? As a user, I would resort to using those buttons instead of an onscreen control. But maybe that's just me.

Probably would be best to show the code.

• I never understood why people try to do additional controls which do the same as you have on you system.
    For example almost every webpage you see with a QTVR or other panorama has a close button supposed to be used for closing the page.
    Pano2VR still generate a close link on the HTML pages which just takes place at the bottom.

A rement from the popup pages time.

I never understood why. If you just have the smallest knowledge about using a computer you know that you can close the page with a simple keyboard shortcut.
    And all browsers have always had a close button at the top of the pages.
    Same thing about sound. I see again and again complaints in the forum which say that they miss a button for closing the sound.

A pause sound button is relevant but a stop sound or volume control is not really necessary except if you go real flash fullscreen directly from page.

OK there is one other thing that makes it relevant. It does show the viewer that the page actually has sound and as many might have the sound muted this is relevant.

Hans

• I do agree with both your arguments about sound. Yes, you could simply use the button on the side of the iPad and turn it down, but then again you could simply use your fingers to control direction and zooming. To me it's about providing them options and comfort. Since these buttons are for tablets, I'll remove them and wait for any feedback.

Thanks,

Robert

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!