Using 'converttocube', but still spheres are generated

• Hello,

I'm using the kmakemultires tool with the option converttocube=true specified in the config-file. However, in the xml that is generated I still get the attribute type="SPHERE" in the <image>-tag. And indeed, there doesn't seem to have been a sphere-to-cube conversion at all. The source panorama file is a partial sphere (360x*). Even if I specify panotype=partialsphere in the config file, there's no conversion to a cubical panorama.

Does anyone have an idea what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks,
    Bob

• Hi,

converting partials to cube and setting the view limits automatically is already possible,
    see the "converttocubelimit" setting in the .config files:

Code
    # converttocubelimit
    # - convert also 'partial' spherical (360x*) images to cubical ones
    # - set the range what a partial pano need to achieve to be converted
    # - works only when "converttocube" was set to true
    #
    converttocubelimit=360x120

best regards,
    Klaus

• Thanks, it works very well now!

The problem was that I didn't completely understand how 'converttocubelimit' worked.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that with this option, you must specify the minimum vof-range that the source image needs to have to allow the conversion of a partial sphere to a partial cube.
    If I set it to 360x1, practically all partial spheres will be be converted.

• Zitat

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that with this option, you must specify the minimum vof-range that the source image needs to have to allow the conversion of a partial sphere to a partial cube.
    If I set it to 360x1, practically all partial spheres will be be converted.

right!
    but note - for very small/narrow partials (e.g. 360x10) you may waste a lot memory in this case...

• Hi,

when viewing - all the black pixels (out of the pano range) are still there in the computer memory, 1 pixel is ~4byte in memory,
    the jpeg may be small, because large single colored areas can be compressed very good, but when viewing the image is decoded into pixels of course,

best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!