merging tiles with kmaketiles

• I think there is something I don't fully understand here. I am trying to merge tiles together back into a complete image w/ kmaketiles.

Lets say that I have 4 8k tiles that I would like to merge back into a 16k x 16k image. The names of the files are 1_1.tif, 1_2.tif, 2_1.tif & 2_2.tif. If I understand the help correctly the commands to do this should look something like this:

Code
    kmaketiles %v_%h.tif outputfile.tif -intilesize=2x2 -insize=8192x8192

but I get the error that it is an invalid tilesize.

do I have it right that the "insize" is the pixel dimensions of the input tile and the "intilesize" is the number of rows and columns?

• so trying to merge some jpgs and stuck. Tried a good few different versions, combinations, change but still stuck - I know its something relatively simple which is the most frustrating thing of all *cursing*

Code
    kmaketiles (list of jpgs) merged.tif 0 -intilesize=1200x1200 -insize=12500x6250
    Code
    ERROR: invalid or bad argument: merged.tif

and while I'm here asking: is it possible to merge to export to kro or psb files ?

• Hi,

that '(list of jpgs)' is wrong,

not a list of jpeg must be passed,
    but a 'template' filename like 'tiles_%0v_%0h.jpg',

the tool replaces then the % placeholders with the tile-indices,
    maybe also see the xml file for right template name,

best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!