Plugin Flashing Issue

• I did some searching, but I couldn't find any other threads here that seem to cover this exact issue, so here goes.

I have an action that shows a "tooltip" plugin with images on it when someone triggers a hotspot's onover event. That works fine, but just as the plugin's "visible" attribute is changed from false to true, the plugin flashes visible for a fraction of a second in the wrong spot and then appears in the correct spot as it should.

There are several different images as plugins that are children of the main "tooltip" plugin and each time the "tooltip" is called it changes the url's of the images to display different images depending on which hotspot triggers the onover event.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to stop the plugin from flashing in the wrong spot?

• I did some searching, but I couldn't find any other threads here that seem to cover this exact issue, so here goes.

I have an action that shows a "tooltip" plugin with images on it when someone triggers a hotspot's onover event. That works fine, but just as the plugin's "visible" attribute is changed from false to true, the plugin flashes visible for a fraction of a second in the wrong spot and then appears in the correct spot as it should.

There are several different images as plugins that are children of the main "tooltip" plugin and each time the "tooltip" is called it changes the url's of the images to display different images depending on which hotspot triggers the onover event.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to stop the plugin from flashing in the wrong spot?

If it takes a fraction of a second, start your plugin with alpha 0 and visible it, and then use a delayed call to alpha 1 it.

• i have seen that also. when using a plugin that has it parent change it flashes before it is set to the new parent. i could not find a solution either and have for the time being abandonded it. however you are not alone.

• Just a bit of an update in case anyone is watching this or runs into this problem.

I decided to try preloading all of the different images, each in their own plugin all with parent set to BGLAYER and then I call the thumbnail plugin that is needed when I display the main tooltip.

This did seem to help some, but it does still flash maybe 50% of the time now which is better, but still not perfect.

• I have noticed that this only seems to fix the plugins that I preload and not the ones that I dynamically change the url of. I'm perfectly fine with preloading everything though, so for for me this isn't a big problem.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!