Has Licensing Changed Since 2009?

• Hello Everyone,

I got the fully-licensed version of KRP at the end of 2009. I got everything set up so that one drag-and-drop did exactly what I wanted and never learned any more. Then I stopped using KRP. Then I trashed my disk with my only copy of KRP. Now I want to start using KRP again and get back to where I was.

I have downloaded the most recent (64 bit) version for Windows and unzipped it into a KRP folder. I tried dragging and dropping a tif image onto kmakemultires.exe as I did before. This works in that I get a .swf of my image, but there is a warning message (in the DOS box that flashes up) and the Flash is watermarked.

I guess that KRP does not think it is licensed. I found a copy of krpano.licence in one of my old projects but am unsure what to do with it.

Can someone get me started again please? I couldn't find a section called "How to license your copy of KR Pano"/whatever in the FAQ.

Thanks,

Aeris

• I have had my license since early 2009. Nothing has changed, other than Klaus has combined the tools license and the viewer license together for newer purchasers. This does NOT affect previous licenses.

That being said, you should put your license(s) in the tools folder BEFORE you process an image. The newest tools automatically embeds the license into the swf.

If you do not want to do that, you can use the license just like you used to. You would want to change the config files if you don't want it embedded. (although I don't see a reason toy to embed).

If you stored the e-mail, you should still have your licenses in a zip file too. Hopefully you use an e-mail like google or something that stores those e-mails forever.

• Thanks for the prompt reply.

Unfortunately I think I need help at a more basic level - I have forgotten what little I knew so I was looking for an FAQ-type page on what to do with your licence(s).

Perhaps it is supposed to be as simple as: put your licence(s) in the tools folder before processing like you said, but that didn't work for me - I still get a watermarked display.

Actually I don't know what you mean by "licences" plural. As far as I recall there was one licence which was the krpano.license file.

I have no idea what "embedding" the licence means - but I'm sure I can find out. I'd like to be able to generate non-watermarked displays first though.

Re the original email, I do still have it, but it contains a link to shareit.com which is broken.

Hoping that gives you enough information to get me a bit further!

Aeris

• Hi,

no, there were no changes in the licenses itself,
    only the separate buy options for the Domain and Tools licenses were removed,

see here about that:
    https://krpano.com/news/#2010-05-06
    krpano 1.0.8.10

and in the current version of the tools the droplets are embedding the viewer license now into the generated swf/js files by default,
    and therefore the viewer license (krpano.license) must be also in the tools folder,

best regards,
    Klaus

• you have to take your krpano.lisense and krpanotools.license and put them in the TOOLS folder. If you want it to work in idevices you would need a copy of the iphone license there also. once the files are all in the tools folder then drop your 2:1 image onto the droplet. you should be good to go. if not maybe your license file is corrupted.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!