Can MAKE PANO (SINGLE-SWF-MULTIRES) droplet.bat work for Ipad/Iphone ?

• Hi All,

Hope this is not a silly question but I am making a new template with the aim to give a client as fewer files as possible. Using this droplet, it creates 1 swf file and a html file.

I know iphone and ipad do not use flash, but what has got me hoping is the html template this droplet uses, has js script with the following line "krpano Flash/HTML5 Embedding script", it also has meta name=viewport device code and in the config file, there is

buildmobilemages=no
    buildtabletimages=no

I have adjusted these settings to build the mobile and tablet images, but of course cant see them cos it all packaged into one swf. I have my krpanoiphone.js and licence in the tools folder, so am pretty sure I have everything setup correctly.

So can this way work with iphone/ipad ?

Many thanks and best wishes,

tom

• okay Klaus answers this here

Ipad Question

but what is the difference other than size (tiles get embedded in single-swf-multires) between embedding the xml via a droplet (which does not work on i-devices) and using krpotect to embed the xml into the swf (which does work on i-devices)

both ways you end up with just a swf *unsure*

ha ha sure i am missing something, but fun playing with these config files all the same,

best,

tom

using krpotect to embed the xml into the swf (which does work on i-devices)

Are you certain of this statement? I remember trying this and it did not work for me.

• Well, in case anyone wants to do with krprotect, you can do it, just by removing the call to the xml in the html file, and it will display. So iphone and ipad tiles are sort of protected, however you still have to have an xml and it has to be named the same as the swf file, so it not great protection :)

Thinking about this a little more and I must say obviously a bit clearer, SINGLE-SWF-MULTIRES will not work as i want because firstly the js script there does not include krpanoiphone.js and a licence, I tried replacing with a tour.js but that does not work because it is expecting an xml file named the same as the swf, which of course this method does not give.

Back to the drawing board :)

*thumbup*

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!