Stuck : Going from a scene to an external 3D object, then coming back to the scene...

• Hi,

I have troubles to "switch" between panos, scenes, xml, etc.

I built a virtual tour, composed of several scenes in one xml file.
    I had to put in it a "map feature", which shows where is the user and that I created with the MAKE OBJECT droplet. The user must be able to make this map rotate, which fully works.
    My tour contains 16 locations, I had to make 16 "objects" with the updated map (dot becoming green instead of red, visible and updated path, etc.), so I have "map01.xml", "map02.xml", etc.
    (This is a full 3D project, so it was really fast for me to create the 16 versions of the object map.)

I put a plugin button to open the map, according to the location.

Code
    loadpano(get(path_map), null, KEEPBASE, NOBLEND);

path_map contains the path to the 3d object "map" xml and I use "KEEPBASE" to avoid keeping the view settings.

All of this works at this time.

The matter is to LEAVE the map, I don't know how to go back to the pano and load the correct scene.

What doesn't work :

-> call directly the scene

Code
    loadscene(get(xml.scene), null, KEEPBASE, NOBLEND);

I tried all the merge flags.
    I tried to call the scene by their attributes name and title.
    (edit : I'm able to keep scene number in a variable and reuse it)

-> call the pano

Code
    loadpano('%SWFPATH%/tour.xml', null, MERGE, NOBLEND);

Same, I tried all the merge flags. The pano is loaded at its first scene, and I can't rotate the view (except atv through the radar plugin).

If I then add the line to load the specific scene, I got the message "scene_xx not found". If I then go back to the map, then back (one more time !) to the pano, I reach the correct scene but I still can't rotate the view... *confused*

I guess I misunderstand something in the loadpano, loadscene, etc. field, I would really enjoy some help to switch from a scene to an external 3d object, then come back to the same scene... *smile*
    Thanks for reading. *wink*

• Sorry, I bump my topic, I really need a solution very very soon.
    I hope I've been enough clear in the explanations of my problem.

An idea I got : would it be possible to load the 3d object pano on "layer" above the main pano ? (actually, 2 panos at the same time).

*wink*

• Hi,

in krpano an object is a normal flat pano with a custom xml control,
    see the "objectskin.xml" for details,

everything that would be installed (events,control settings) in the "objectskin.xml" would need to be removed/set back, when going from an object to a normal pano,

e.g. here's an action that should reset almost everything from the objectskin.xml to default (the fullscreen events are not included in that code now):

Code
    <action name="removeobjectsettings">
      set(events.onmousedown, null);
      set(events.onmouseup, null);
      set(events.onidle, null);
      set(events.onviewchange, null);
      set(control.zoomtocursor, false);
      set(control.mousetype, moveto);
      set(control.mousespeed, 10);
    </action>

call this action before or after going from object to pano,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Sorry, I answer a bit late (too much work, argh !) : THANK YOU, KLAUS ! *thumbsup*

That's the point I was missing, now I'm able to come back to my pano.

By the way, I'd like to thank you too for the way you support and help your customers through this forum, that's really priceless. *cool*
    (especially compared to the huge company, editor of the 3d software I work with, you can die with your technical bugs and problems, they dont care).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!