Weird error with MAKE OBJECT droplet.bat

• Hello,
    I'm with Win XP Pro and krpanotools 1.0.8.12
    Today I tried to create object with 48 frames. I selected the images and dragged them onto "MAKE OBJECT droplet.bat" But it gave me "Windows cannot access the specified device path or file. You may not have appropriate permissions to access the item." I found that there is no such problem with 36 or less images. Furthermore, I found that with krpanotools 1.0.8.11 there is no problem with 35 or less images.

Why does it happen?

• Hi,

this is a know Window limitations - the total length of the tool calling command is limited,

when dropping files on the droplet then the kmakemultires tool will be called with a config file and the files as parameters,
    and the files will have its full path,

a possibility to avoid this limitation would be calling the kmakemultires from commandline and using path/fileplaceholders like "objectpath\*.tif" to select the images,

or a other way - move your images to a shorter path, e.g. to "c:\obj\" - this could reduce the total length of the calling command and it could still work,

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!