question on plugins

• I have a demo pano I use to show the features available via Krpano. i leave almost all of these plugins set to enable.true and just use the visible.false to hide them. is there any advantage in performace to set the plugins to enable.false and enable them at the same time as making them visible? would it be more beneficial to disable them when they are hidden? is there any performace gain by doing so?

• This is a good question... and one I probably shouldn't try to answer... but I will anyways since I'd like to find out how well I understand some of these "things"...

Setting enabled as true / false will have little difference in the performance... since enabled only sets if the plugin should receive clicks.

I think that any plugin loaded through the xml will cause some additional processing power... and that the simplest way of avoiding that is to initially set the url to your plugin as blank... and then use an action to show it... and set the url to the plugin. So that it is only loaded when the action is called.

One way you could test this would be to include the editor.swf and watch the fps.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!