Integration of Videos in KR Pano on iPhone/iPad/Android

• Hi Everybody,

at first: I'm new to this forum. My Name is Andi and I'm working with KR Pano just since a few days.
    Earlier I used Pano2VR and Flash Panorama Player ...
    But working on a big project, I tested KR Pano and found out, that it's in many parts better than the rest.

Back to my question:
    Is there already a way to integrate Videos into Panoramas on iPhone, iPad and so on?

Maybe integrated like the soundinterface, with an alturl for the HTML5 video files.
    Because I think you have to use both, flash and html5. Firefox and IE don't support HTML5 at the moment - right!?

Thanks!

Best regards
    Andi

• Hi,

Is there already a way to integrate Videos into Panoramas on iPhone, iPad and so on?

no, there is no videoplayer plugin yet for the krpanoJS iPhone/iPad viewer, but I'm working on it,

Because I think you have to use both, flash and html5. Firefox and IE don't support HTML5 at the moment - right!?

yes and no, saying "don't support HTML5" is too simple, you need to say what feature of HTML5 is not supported,
    e.g. krpanoJS uses currently the "CSS 3D transforms" for showing the panos, I don't know they these features are an 'official' part of the HTML5 draft, but browsers like Desktop Safari, Chrome and Mobile Safari (iPhone,iPad) are offering these features and there they are the only way to show panos without Flash in an efficient way,

there are some news that Mozilla and Microsoft are working on "CSS 3D transforms" support, but currently they support that not,
    and beside of that - WebGL is also a way to show panos with 'HTML5' , but here too - the browsers had to support that in an good and efficient way,

so I would say for Desktop Flash is still the choice,
    and about using Flash >AND< HTML5 - the krpano embedding script will automatically use the right viewer, e.g. the krpano Javascript/HTML5 viewer on iPhone/iPad and the krpano Flash Viewer on Desktop and Android...

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!