• Again, I'd like to say thanks for this great plugin. Not only is it nice, but you keep making it better and better through your updates, mods, and help in the forum.

The autothumbs was a fantastic help - really big help! I just finished another tour with 42 images and it saved me some finger aches and eyesores.

Kudos! for your efforts and skills!

And thanks to all of the users for their input as well. With this kind of approach, sharing, and community support, each problem becomes a solution for someone else to enjoy and each idea becomes a new tool!

Tony

• Hi,

Would you be willing to share the xml code for the image gallery based on ScrollThumbs please?

I went to look at the code in the temp internet folder but you have it all hidden in the swf file so no clues as to how you did it *wink*

Many thanks,

Andrew

• When follow mouse is ON, Is there a way to NOT have the thumbs begin scrolling as soon as you enter the thumbnail zone. There seems to be some default behavior built in so that when you enter, the whole bar of thumbs either scrolls to the end left or end right. Even when you try to enter straight down and in the center of the screen so as not to move them, they still move. Even the demo on the plugins page has the same problem and it's only a few thumbs. I have like 50-100 thumbs sometimes and as you can imagine, that's a LOT of uncontrolled scrolling. This behavior makes control rather erratic and annoying.

It would be VERY nice to enter the zone and ONLY have the thumbs move when the mouse moves. Please advise where I am going wrong here, or how to revise the on enter zone action.

Tony

Edited once, last by nefar1ous (June 21, 2011 at 5:42 PM).

• have you tried slowing the scroll speed down?

Yeah, I've tried that. It's not an issue with speed. It's an issue with uncontrolled scrolling that begins as soon as you enter the zone.
    Once it stops, it's fairly easy to control the thumbs. But you can't control them until it stops. I've tried. Say as soon as I enter it begins scrolling right, so I move left... it wont stop. I am currently viewing full screen, 12 thumbs across with 43 thumbs total. When you enter, it just starts moving and that's that. Give it a go... This one only has 43. I have another with 100 +.

http://www.360rama.com/watsaket/phutt…manuscript.html

• When follow mouse is ON, Is there a way to NOT have the thumbs begin scrolling as soon as you enter the thumbnail zone. There seems to be some default behavior built in so that when you enter, the whole bar of thumbs either scrolls to the end left or end right. Even when you try to enter straight down and in the center of the screen so as not to move them, they still move. Even the demo on the plugins page has the same problem and it's only a few thumbs. I have like 50-100 thumbs sometimes and as you can imagine, that's a LOT of uncontrolled scrolling. This behavior makes control rather erratic and annoying.

It would be VERY nice to enter the zone and ONLY have the thumbs move when the mouse moves. Please advise where I am going wrong here, or how to revise the on enter zone action.

Tony

Thats what mouse follow does. It fits 50-100 thumbs logically into a very small space. Each thumb lives in its own few pixels of space and when you mouse your mouse into its area, it scrolls to it.
    I gave up on mouse follow. Clients hated it and the more thumbs you have the worse the problem gets. Use scrolling arrows instead.

• Yeah, I've tried that. It's not an issue with speed. It's an issue with uncontrolled scrolling that begins as soon as you enter the zone.
    Once it stops, it's fairly easy to control the thumbs. But you can't control them until it stops. I've tried. Say as soon as I enter it begins scrolling right, so I move left... it wont stop. I am currently viewing full screen, 12 thumbs across with 43 thumbs total. When you enter, it just starts moving and that's that. Give it a go... This one only has 43. I have another with 100 +.

http://www.360rama.com/watsaket/phutt…manuscript.html

Thats hilarious "and obviously frustrating". Nice tour btw. I think scrolling arrows and or a scroll bar would be the way to go here.. Unfortunately, mindboss hasn't programmed a scroll bar.

• Thats hilarious "and obviously frustrating". Nice tour btw. I think scrolling arrows and or a scroll bar would be the way to go here.. Unfortunately, mindboss hasn't programmed a scroll bar.

Thanks, yeah it's frustrating. Somethings not right. I've used any number of photography slideshows with a scrolling thumb viewer that never had this problem (at least not that I remember). And like you, customers hate it. Even my mom complained. If it worked correctly I would prefer to use it, as it should be a fast effective way to navigate through a bunch of thumbs.

Please help O'mindless One.

Edited 3 times, last by nefar1ous (June 21, 2011 at 7:09 PM).

• Anything that uses mouse follow will suck with that many thumbnails..
    Every example I have found for scrolling thumbnails is basically the same, expect they are 10 times slower..
    You should at least try to set the speed to 2.. which I think is the slowest. Even 2 is pretty fast so I think you'd have to alter the code to support a slower speed.

• Hi, i made 360 angle panorama by using krpano viewer and
    scrollthumbs xml plugin, but scroll operation of thumbnail
    plugin by the mouse cursor is very difficult.
    the url of my sample panorama is as follows.

http://panorama-earth.net/p_newotani/index.php

As you see this panorama,
    the upper thumbnail is made by scrollthumbs xml plugin and
    the lower one is made by as3Thumbsforkrpano plugin.

At least, i want to adjust scroll operation of upper thumbnail
    like the lower thumbnail to make it in an easy-to-use way
    for mouse control.

Please tell me how to adjust it, thanks.

---------------------------------------
    searover32 in japan

• Hello!
    in upper - 38 thumbs
    in bottom just 8
    1) if you want to compare this two metod, set equal thumbs count
    2) bottom thumbs has different speedup scrolling (low speed in a middle and higher speed on the sides) that is interesting feature, and i can try to add this to my scrollthumbs

sacha - (i dont like followmouse to, but with few thumbs it's works fine )

Regards!
    Andrey *thumbup*

• Hi, Andrey

my example site
    http://panorama-earth.net/p_newotani/index.php

I changed panorama thumbnail setting on upper link.
    in upper - 39 thumbs
    in bottom - 39 thumbs

other example
    http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx2004/thumbnails.htm

I found scroll action ... flash thumbnails on this site scroll better.

Please give me some hints or advice.
    Thanks for replying, Andrey.

searover32 in japan

• Hi!
    Hm, Ok, you can do some trick
    add some plugins over thumbs on the sides of thumbsbar
    and set action onover="thumbnails_movebegin(thumbsname);" on the left side of scrollthumbs and thumbnails_moveend(thumbsname); for right side
    and set attribute capture="false"
    so
    when you move mouse over right plugin - thumbs will scroll to end,
    and
    when you move mouse over left plugin - thumbs will scroll to begin,
    BTW - url of sides plugin you can set some transparent image
    and dont forget set action onout="thumbnails_movestop(thumbsname);"

Hope it can help

Regards! Andrey *thumbup*

• Hi, Andrey

I will try to add thumbnails with setting attribute capture="false".
    Thanks for replying and give some hints.

Your advice became reference very much.

searover32 in japan

• The transparent mask does not work on the idevices. You have to set it to run off the screen on the idevices for it to look right or cover it with a solid colored plugin.

• The transparent mask does not work on the idevices. You have to set it to run off the screen on the idevices for it to look right or cover it with a solid colored plugin.

Ahh, that makes sense now. Thank you very much for that.

Is there more documentation about this plugin apart from the included readme.txt in the distribution?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!