Some HTML & iFrame on top of pano questions

• Hi all,

I think this falls under the beginners questions..

I'm looking into krpano again for a potential job. I haven't touched krpano for a while now, just did a bit of testing some months ago with the demo.

As far as the meeting explained, the client wants to have hotspots in the pano, that will open up a HTML based webpage on top (iFrame).
    Think a store with dozens of clickable items, that will pop up the catalog or a webpage with more info n that item.

As I have been reading/understand krpano is limited to the HTML stuff that Flash support when it comes to popups.

So my question is here, can a hotspot link to a fully functional webpage, that is shown in an iFrame on top of the pano?
    The examples aren't really clear on this for me.

I have to say I probably also use Autpano Tour (Pro) if all goes to plan, so pref. this would all be handled inside there. But some .xml editing isn't unknown to me, if necessary.

Cheers for any tips, links or examples on this.

rob

• yes this can be done. you will have to set wmode to transparent in the html. i use thickbox because i know the correct syntax to open the iframe from within flash. in the html forums i posted a hack to thickbox that allows it to use % instead of pixels.

enableing wmode wil give you a performance hit but its your only choice if you want the window on top of flash.

• this is the code to open a thickbox from xml. make sure you put all the thickbox css and js in the head of your html. if you can find my post with the % modifications you could change the pixels to % so the windows in the same size reguarless of monitor.

onclick="js(tb_show(Candid Photos,galleries/candid/index.html?keepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=500&width=700));"

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!