Gigapixel-Panorama with 1000+ Hotspots

• Hello erverybody.

Im about to create a flat gigapixel-panorama which should contain more than 1000 hotspots.
    My todays load-test with 1000 hotspots has shown, that things are getting pretty slow.

My idea is the following:
    i want to show/draw only the hotspots which are in the viewable section of my panorama and on a certain zoom-level. the hotspots a saved in a database. when i reach the certain zoom-level, i just want to load the hotspots for this area, write them into a xml file and include them dynamically. when i start panning, the hotspots for the new view area should be loaded by the way i described - the old ones should be deleted before.

are there functions where i can identify the borders of my actual view area? can i load xml files dynamically without reload the whole site?

thanks in advance for your ideas,
    Sascha

• I am working on something like this (using a testbed of 20000 hotspots, loaded dynamically from a db). I've written a plugin to dynamically load plugins or hotspots without affecting the scene/image node, but it is not quite ready for prime-time. When do you need it?

• I am working on something like this (using a testbed of 20000 hotspots, loaded dynamically from a db). I've written a plugin to dynamically load plugins or hotspots without affecting the scene/image node, but it is not quite ready for prime-time. When do you need it?

Hello,

i need it at 29. April. It would be great if you could deliver a solution up to this time *smile*

Can you finalize it to 29. April?

Sascha

• Just so you know, what I was talking about it just the plugin to be able to load hotspots/plugins dynamically from a server. You would have to take care of determining which markers to get (and possibly clustering them) yourself.

• Hello ahoeben,

it's a panorama with about 14.000 people in it. they can tag themselves via fbconnect. the tags are the hotspots.

my panorama is 90% finished, i just need an idea/solution to load a certain set of hotspots out of the database dynamically an replace them with the former hotspots in the scene (when moving the panorama). and they should first be loaded when a certain zoom-level is reached. i just want to show about 50 hotspots in the zoomed scene.

my problem is to deterine the toh and tov border of what is just be shown/visible to determine which hotspots will be loaded and shown.
    db-connection and writing hotspots into a temp hotspots.xml isn't the problem.
    and i want to know how to replace the hotspots or reload the hotspots.xml without reloading the whole page.

maybe any ideas?

cheers,
    Sascha

• Would you be open to having me help you do this on a commercial basis?

The thing is I am doing the same thing you are working on for a client. That client is paying me to provide this functionality. I can't very well have that client pay me, and then give away the results for free.

Edited once, last by ahoeben (April 21, 2011 at 11:20 AM).

Off topic:

Hey Aldo!

Fine to hear from you! What about spiffy? I lost track.

best to you, Klaus

herzlichen Gruß, Klaus

--
    “Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance.”
    ― Coco Chanel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!