Goodreader - ParsError

• OK hans, anybody... I've followed advice to this point....

I have made a multires pano, verfied it works in Safari. Created an index page to link to the pano's html, with a return link back to the index page so I don't get stuck in the pano. Verified they work. Stashed all in a folder and zipped it up. Transferred it to Goodreader and unzipped it. Opened the folder and run the index.html file. Works fine.
    Clicked the link to the pano.html file... Black Screen, error message, Pano doesn't work and I'm stuck in Black screen. Now I am uninstalling/installing Goodreader over and over again for fresh attempts.... but no luck.

"<< FATAL ERROR tour.xml - loading or parsing failed >>"

HELP PLEASE... what's wrong with my panos? Ideas?
    I even tried another pano I made that actually works on the iPad using the Safari browser over wifi, loaded it into Goodreader, and it also fails same same.
    I'm thinking you really don't need the code, cause there's an easy fix right?

Am I opening the html files incorrectly from withing Goodreader? Should I try finding the files using Safari? Can't find any help for this in the manual either.
    Note: All files are in the same directory (folder) within Goodreader.
    Also, I tried putting the index.html file outside the folder, changed the url linkiing, but it no longer recognized the directory and the link failed.

Thanks in advance.
    Tony

• Hi,

the error means that either the path to the tour.xml is wrong or the xml file itself has syntax errors...
    when running Javascript locally then the 'Browser' doesn't return more detailed informations about the problem,

about paths and the folder structure - they must be exactly as on desktop or web,
    just putting all files into one folder will not work of course,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

the error means that either the path to the tour.xml is wrong or the xml file itself has syntax errors...
    when running Javascript locally then the 'Browser' doesn't return more detailed informations about the problem,

Well, syntax was correct, but... I had added some unsupported XML tags - that was the trick... don't use that which can't be used. Thanks for the breadcrumbs.
    When all else fails, reread the instructions *g* - http://www.krpano.com/iphone/#supportedfunctionality
    I went back to the basics, did a simple tour without all the complexities of a full blown tour, and it worked.

I now know a little more.

Thanks so much for your support and wonderful product and efforts. Honestly I don't know how you find the time to answer all the questions from us no-brainers and still do what you do.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!