You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, April 28th 2011, 7:17pm

Plugin requests

You may know me from my collection of opensource plugins. Most of the time, these are written to scratch my own itches. However I would like to open this thread for requests for plugins you would like to see. I am open for suggestions and ideas. And on a side-note, I am also open for to donations:
http://fieldofview.github.com/krpano_fovplugins/#license
Note: Donating is just that; donating is no guarantee I will write a certain plugin, or that I'll help you with your project. It may motivate me to continue writing plugins though...

Having said that, is there anything in particular you would want me to make? Any functionality that is missing in krpano that you think might be implemented using a plugin?

Tuur

Sage

Occupation: Krpano custom coding / Virtual Tours / Photography / Musician / Recording engineer

Friday, April 29th 2011, 9:51am

He Aldo,

Great offer to the community!

i thought :
- maybe a plugin that let's us customize the loader..?
- something that we can do livestreaming video in , like webcams etc..?
- mini xml database plugin..?

thinking for more idea's....

Tuur *thumbsup*
http://www.virtualtuur.com

VN2011

Professional

Wednesday, May 11th 2011, 7:09pm

i would love to see addthis adapted to be used inside krpano as a plugin. https://www.addthis.com/get-addthis?wher…lytics=0&bm=tb8

Wednesday, May 11th 2011, 9:52pm

All social medias will work straight on the URL. You only need an plugin with onclick=openurl and format it for the tour link, title etc.
KRPano Developer: Portfolio ::Gigapixel Tagging Solutions - Porfolio 2 :: Facebook :: Twitter :: reddit.com/r/VirtualTour

VN2011

Professional

Wednesday, May 11th 2011, 11:23pm

i know how to share a URL to social media no problem but what i was thinking was to be able to use counters attached to the buttons. In order for the counters to get the correct count something else is needed.

Thursday, May 12th 2011, 2:01am

Use javascript to show a div over the panorama containing an iframe or flash movie.
It works.
The iframe way would work even in an ipad.
KRPano Developer: Portfolio ::Gigapixel Tagging Solutions - Porfolio 2 :: Facebook :: Twitter :: reddit.com/r/VirtualTour

VN2011

Professional

Thursday, May 12th 2011, 3:37am

Use javascript to show a div over the panorama containing an iframe or flash movie.
It works.
The iframe way would work even in an ipad.

ive tried a few things like that. i could never get the div to position itself in the same place in all brousers. no matter what i did 1 of them would not behave. plus i could not find a way to make the background transparent so it always had a white one. if we had something we could control in krpano we wouldnt have to worry about divs. but that does not help us when making the tours work in iphones so its not really a true solution. i wish i could have found a way to get a div to work in all brousers in the same location if that could be done it would work in iphones also and be a true solution.

Thursday, May 12th 2011, 4:43am

Yes, div popup will be necessary for html5 too. It should show correctly with proper CSS.
I may get to this in a week or so...

Also I saw something about textfield and iframe. Not sure how well that'll work.

panomaster

Intermediate

Occupation: Virtual Tours - Spherical Panoramas - Krpano developer

Thursday, May 12th 2011, 4:35pm

Hi ahoeben,

You could make editable textfield. I think it's easy and quick work. I think of using it to creating forms with KRPano API and editable textfield (or such kind of controls) could be very usefull.

Thursday, May 12th 2011, 6:17pm

I have recenty extended the krpano textfield with a couple of functionalities, and made it "editable". I'll clean up the source and include it in the fovplugin package.

iceman_fx

Professional

Sunday, May 15th 2011, 9:31am

mini xml database plugin

Hi Tuur,
a mini xml database?
What schould be saved?

Tuur

Sage

Occupation: Krpano custom coding / Virtual Tours / Photography / Musician / Recording engineer

Sunday, May 15th 2011, 2:45pm

Well it was just a shot in the dark ;-)

i don't know much about data base.. but i can imagine that it's nice to have a sort of adressing system with different 'tags' and title that you can hang at the file...if it's a pano or a thumb or a pic or just some code snippets..

I start to use the set /get a lot to put allvariables like text etc in one xml..
but i can imagine that there are better ways to do the allround storage..

i was wondering if it's possible to use mysql without php... etc

i really don't know any thing about this ...so maybe it was a stupid suggestion..

Tuur *thumbsup*

Sunday, May 15th 2011, 2:50pm

i would say a plugin that adds numbers to the loading bar, like total size of pano (ex. 2450 kb) and another number that shows how much have been loaded already, synchronized with the bar's filling up.

Zephyr

Professional

Monday, May 16th 2011, 12:36am

Well it was just a shot in the dark ;-)

i don't know much about data base.. but i can imagine that it's nice to have a sort of adressing system with different 'tags' and title that you can hang at the file...if it's a pano or a thumb or a pic or just some code snippets..

I start to use the set /get a lot to put allvariables like text etc in one xml..
but i can imagine that there are better ways to do the allround storage..

i was wondering if it's possible to use mysql without php... etc

i really don't know any thing about this ...so maybe it was a stupid suggestion..

Tuur *thumbsup*

Well the standard definition of a database involves CRUD. Create Read Update and Delete recordes (information). Without a serverside script like php, it's only possible to Read records. The only way to have a CRUD system without a serverside script on the 'client side' is by creating an API like SOAP or REST. With REST for example you can do like http://www.yourdomain.com/get/panoramas.xml or /delete/panorama/10 after ofcourse setting an authenticaton key. example of a rest api: http://codecanyon.net/item/api-framework/140978

XML is per definition a data language, you could create databases with it like Mysql. The main downsides are, you have to load a complete xml file just to perfom 1 single read (you cant read for example the url of 1 panorama without downloading the whole database). And second, it's not secure, everyone can read the xml, not so handy with creditcard information or clients adress :P

In short, you can create your own 'adressing' system. Every tag in krpano can has it's own custom tag. Or you create your own array of tags.

<panoramas>
<pano name='pano_1' url='urltopano.xml' title="welcome to this panorama' />
</panoramas>

krpano.get(panoramas.pano[pano_1].url)

about the plugin request, I can't think anyhting at the moment.
3d childrens game using krpano Game
Minify your xml with my krpano XML Compressor
Krpano XML Parsing Error Checklist
Available for hire (krpano xml, javascript, actionscript, flash, php and ipad plugins).

Tuur

Sage

Wednesday, June 1st 2011, 11:24am

He Ahoeben, *thumbup*

i was thinking about some sound extra's. I would like to see an equalizer plugin and a reverb plugin.

Also a sound recording plugin that can record the sound that you produce in krpano..like

play some drums http://www.virtualtuur.com/studio and record that... maybe also in combination with the play along song.

Use of the computers microphone would be nice as welel in this matter.

Would that be possible?

Tuur *thumbsup*

Thursday, June 2nd 2011, 10:35am

Interesting ideas... I always want to do more with sound, but never get around to it.

Tuur

Sage

Thursday, June 2nd 2011, 1:21pm

also be nice would be then a hertz plugin.. that use the microphone and says this tone is 440 Hz... or when is 440 Hz do this else that..

so you can use to learn to sing ;-)

Tuur *thumbsup*

panomaster

Intermediate

Tuesday, June 14th 2011, 3:36pm

Thanks for all made plugins.

But what about an array opeations plugin? I think managing arrays an objects would be very usefull for KRPano developers. I mean both simply one dimentional array and nested arrays (objects). Who could do this, as you do not you?

panomaster

Intermediate

Tuesday, June 14th 2011, 3:51pm

And one more thing - group plugin that allow to make some actions for grouped hotspots or plugins.

I know that it's easy to implement grouping by parent-child technique. But this technique has some disadvantages: eg. if you remove parent plugin (by removeplugin) childs are not removed but change their parent reference to stage.

Zephyr

Professional

Tuesday, June 14th 2011, 8:51pm

Arrays are in krpano.

<test>
<subtest />
<subtest name="test">
<subsubtest title="test" />
</subtest>
</test>

you can call test.subtest[0] or test.subtest[test] or test.subtest[0].subsubtest[0].title
test.subtest.count to get the amount of subtests

together with the new for loop you can create complete galleries, thumbnails system and menu systems :)

What I would like to see is a where selector.

where(_name, parent, aplugin)
would store plugins where the parent is called aplugin in the var _name.
3d childrens game using krpano Game
Minify your xml with my krpano XML Compressor
Krpano XML Parsing Error Checklist
Available for hire (krpano xml, javascript, actionscript, flash, php and ipad plugins).