sphere to cube and cube to sphere

• Friends ,

am trying to solve one issue as i've been using many tools i find that conversion of SPHERE to CUBE and CUBE to SPHERE change the size of panorama and that makes the quality degrade by few percent and gets blurred a bit.

recently with latest krpano i tried 5000x2500 EQUI to CUBE and then after doing some correction on CUBES (touching, cloning) finally i converted it to SPHERE and the size got change to 5002x2501 and the sharpness got change also of the image.

i tried to make EQUI again on ptgui stitching for 5002x2501 and then tried to check to conver to cube and then cube to sphere and funny the calculation was again changed of dimension of file.

any solution for this ?

Regards
    Mak

• Or if you are using the latest beta tools, adjust the settings in the

convertdroplets.config

You can define the output size and compression as well as other options.

Jarred

• Hi,

the size changes happen because of the rounding to absolute values (a half pixel is not possible ),

e.g. sphere to cube:
    5000 / PI = 1591,54 => rounded to absolute pixels = 1592

converting back to sphere:
    1592 * PI = 5001,41 => rounded to absolute pixels = 5001

but a sphereical image must have a 2:1 side aspect:
    calculated width = 5001
    height = 5001/2 = 2500,5 => rounded to absolute pixels = 2501
    fixed width for 2:1 = height*2 = 5002

so the result is 5002 x 2501

but in the next release of the 1.0.8.14 tools I have added a internal comment about the original
    spherical size to the cube files (but only when using tiff as fileformat), then the CUBE to SPHERE droplet
    will use this information and uses the original spherical size,

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!