You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, May 9th 2011, 8:28am

is it possible to load other scene's images in background?

Hi,

I am using multiple scenes for multiple panos in single .xml file.
I have to do this for iPhone/iPad.
Is it possible to load other scene images(pano images) in background while loading the first scene images in progress?

Please let me know is it possible or not? and if it is possible, how?

thanks

--
Pratiks

Wednesday, May 11th 2011, 4:05pm

Hi,

no, that's currently not possible,
and I'm not sure if it would be possible because of the limited memory on iPhone/iPad...

best regards,
Klaus

Thursday, May 12th 2011, 7:38am

Hi Klaus,

thanks for your reply.

should i use any simple loader image in <preview> rather than to use cubestripe, spherical etc., images.?
or is there any other way to display loader image while changing from one scene to other in iPhone/iPad?

thanks

--
Pratiks

Thursday, October 8th 2015, 12:25pm

Hi,

reviving this thread as I also have problems with a delay when entering a new scene.

I am using Krpano 1.19pr3 and the loading is especially bad when you are in VR mode, as your head movement doesn't work while the image is loading.
I tried the preload-action workaround, which works great for hotspots, but doesn't seem to affect panoramas. Is there now some way to preload (Sphere) panoramas? Did I miss something?

Best regards,
Phiz