Few questions from newbie

• Hi,

I'm a newbie here just getting my feet wet in pano photography and making panos viewable online.

Here are a few things I'd like to achieve in krpano. These things/effects I have seen on the net and I'd like to re-create them.

I am asking for help, or pointers where to find info on how to get these things working.

1. The lowres blurred preview of the pano is showing with Dark Shadow mask effect. No original pano tiles popping up as they are loaded.
    2. Behind the loading spinner a small image file shows up to keep viewers teased while waiting while loading the pano. For example company logo
    3. Slow fade from Dark Shadow masked preview to normal view and the small image file fades out as well once the loading has finished
    4. Clickable copyright text fades in one of the corners (not during loading, but into the original pano)

I did search, but couldn't find info on how to get these things working.

Best regards,

Vik3d

• Hi,

The lowres blurred preview of the pano is showing with Dark Shadow mask effect.

include your 'dark shadow' image and add the wanted blendmode:

Code
    <plugin name="mask" url="darkmask.jpg" blendmode="multiply" width="100%" height="100%" enabled="false" />

No original pano tiles popping up as they are loaded.

this is not possible

Behind the loading spinner a small image file shows up to keep viewers teased while waiting while loading the pano. For example company logo

just add your logo image:

Code
    <plugin name="logo" url="logo.png" align="center" enabled="false" />

Slow fade from Dark Shadow masked preview to normal view and the small image file fades out as well once the loading has finished

for finished loading there is the onloadcomplete event - there change the alpha of the mask to 0 and finally remove the mask image:

Code
    <events onloadcomplete="tween(plugin[mask].alpha, 0, 1.0, default, removeplugin(mask));" />

Clickable copyright text fades in one of the corners (not during loading, but into the original pano)

add your copyright image but invisible (alpha=0) at start:

Code
    <plugin name="copyright" url="copyright.png" align="rightbottom" alpha="0" enabled="false" />

and add code to the onloadcomplete event that changes the alpha to 1.0 (visible):

Code
    <events onloadcomplete="tween(plugin[mask].alpha, 0, 1.0, default, removeplugin(mask));
                          	tween(plugin[copyright].alpha, 1.0, 1.0, default);"
                          	/>

best regards,
    Klaus

• I tried this onclick line to make my copyright.png clickable and for viewers to be able to navigate to my main page. Well, it does not work. Any ideas? It should be after the onloadcomplete somewhere?

<plugin name="mask" url="darkmask.jpg" blendmode="multiply" width="100%" height="100%" enabled="false" />
    <events onloadcomplete="tween(plugin[mask].alpha, 0, 1.0, default, removeplugin(mask));" />
    <plugin name="copyright" url="copyright.png" align="rightbottom" alpha="0" enabled="false" onclick="openurl(http://www.mywebsite.com,_blank);" />
    <events onloadcomplete="tween(plugin[mask].alpha, 0, 1.0, default, removeplugin(mask));
    tween(plugin[logo].alpha, 0, 1.0, default, removeplugin(logo));
    tween(plugin[copyright].alpha, 1.0, 0, default);" />

Vik3d

• Removed the duplicate of the onloadcomplete event, but still not working. The Copyright.png is not clickable.

<plugin name="copyright" url="copyright.png" align="rightbottom" alpha="0" enabled="false" onclick="openurl(http://www.mysite.com,_blank);" />
    tween(plugin[logo].alpha, 0, 1.0, default, removeplugin(logo));
    tween(plugin[copyright].alpha, 1.0, 0, default);"

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!