Why are hotspots scaled down on iPhone

• I have seen that the default hotspots has a special iPhone scale=2, something I never really understood as I do not have one.

However after testing a site with the simulator I understand why.

What I do not understand is why are Hotspots scaled down so much more than other elements.

I can see that plugin buttons are not scaled down but hotspots are scaled to half the size.

I can not see the reason for this. I assume that the simulator shows us an iPhone 4.

Hans

• Hi,

there is no automatic scale-down for iPhone,

the 'internal' resolution for the theoretical full iPhone screen in krpano is 640x960 or 960x640,
    this is so for iPhone 3 and iPhone 4, the proportions will be the same!
    you don't need to care about iPhone 3 or iPhone 4, the sizes will be the same,
    on the iPhone 4 only sharper,

but when using zoom="true" or distorted="true" then the hotspot will be scaled relatively
    with the fov and relatively to the window size - exactly like in the desktop or flash version,
    the proportions on the screen when comparing iPhone and Desktop will be the same,

but the iPhone screen is very tiny compared to an real desktop, so the hotspots will be very small,
    e.g. image that: "make a screenshot on the desktop and view it on the iPhone"

therefore the onloaded="if(isphone, ...);" code to make the hotspots bigger and better usable on the iPhone,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Sorry but this is not true at least the simulator shows something different.

Here are 2 screenshots.
    http://www.panoramas.dk/test/iphone-simulator3.jpg

The one from Safari was set to exactly the iPhone 4 resolution and then scaled down to the actual iPhone screen size.

Zoomlevel is almost the same actually the iPhone is zoomed in a little more so if what you say was true the hotspots should have been larger on the iPhone than the Desktop.

As you can se it is only the hotspots. The Buttons are identical in size.
    Zoom is set to false but they are distorted so that has no effect.

Hans

• And just for the record.

distortion on hotspots is not supported on iDevices.

however distorted="true" still has the effect that zoom is set to true.

so this code
    distorted="true" zoom="false"
    gives the same as
    distorted="false" zoom="true"
    or as
    distorted="true" zoom="true"

But this has no effect on the scaled down hotspots on iPhone.(simulator)

Hans

• Hi,

you are right! (as always )

the hotspot scaling was not right on the iPhone (same for iPhone3 and iPhone4),
    sorry for that, I was a bit blind...
    thanks for noticing that!

I think I have fixed the scaling now, but I will need to do more testing here,
    this is a complex topic and there can be side-effects here,
    but when all is okay and when I have the combobox alternative for iPhone/iPad
    ready (hopefully during this week) I will release the next/fixed version,

best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!