Wait until all cube face images are loaded before showing panorama

• HI,

We've been using 6 cube face images to render our panoramas. Now we are overlaying elements like videos and other images that we would like to show all at once (i.e. without seeing the cube faces appear first and then showing those elements overlaid). I know I can wait for the the images to load and the fade in those elements but that's not a viable option because we use a lot of videos that are replacing large areas of of the original panorama area and we would like to avoid seeing that transition happen.
    Is there some kind of method to wait for all the necessary items to load (cube faces, videos, images, sounds, etc) and only then showing them?

Thanks.

––––•(-• zyON •-)•––––

• Hi,

you could use the onloadcomplete event for the pano images,
    the onloaded event for normal images and the
    onvideoready event for videos,

and in each event you could set a flag and call a kind of "final" action where all flags will be checked,
    and if all flags where set then start your action (e.g. fade out and remove a big black image that covers/hides all),
    by doing it that way it it will sure that all was loaded and ready,

e.g.

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I thought yesterday about that kind of approach (using some kind of overlay png or swf that will be hidden when everything has loaded) and it makes sense, I was wondering if there was a way to control the cube images rendering (i.e. avoid them from showing up automatically when they're loaded).

I'm moving on with this solution. Thank you.

––––•(-• zyON •-)•––––

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!