Don't load pano until click start button

• Hi,
    I would like to only load the preview with a start (or play) button on it and display the pano only when this button is clicked.
    And the great feature would be that if an other pano on the same page is plyed, then the other would stop.
    In fact I would like to have severals pano on the same page but to play only one each time.
    Any suggestions ?
    Thanx !!!

• You have a couple of different options when doing this.

Are you wanting to do something like this... http://marlincreek.com/samples/panorama-samples ??

It's not too difficult.

In your html... the first xml file that you load just needs to leave out the image and preview nodes... then any plugins defined will load without any pano in the stage. You can set the background color in the html flash var if you don't want black.... or you can load a "background image" as a plugin that sits behind (z-order) all of the other plugins.

You could also load thumbnail plugin from Shanti in the same manner.

There are lots of options... let us know more about what you want and I'm sure we'll be able to help. *smile*

• actually this sounds interesting, as I am starting a WP site, having several panos on one page would be slow i guess, so having a "load" button for each pano is a good idea (a la FPP).

one idea that comes to mind is having a plugin (png) that just says load and load the pano when clicked, it should be fairly simple to do I guess.

but a better option would be to have this feature directly in krpano, something like, onstart=stoploading(); and a button with an action startloading();

or something like that :P

• I'd like to know if anyone finally implemented this idea (and how).

e.g.

a other way would be via HTML, Javascript and an iframe,
    like here:
    https://krpano.com/plugins/userplugins/cameracontrols/#top

here the "pano" <div> tag is dynamically replaced on click with an <iframe> which shows the pano,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

Considering the second option:

Code
    <script type="text/javascript"> // <![CDATA[ function showpano() { var iframe = '<iframe id="ccexample" name="ccframe" src="pano.html" width="100%" height="300" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>'; document.getElementById("pano").innerHTML = iframe; } // ]]> </script> <div id="pano" onclick="showpano();"> ... place text or an image here ... </div>

Is it possible to rollback the previous state after loading the pano? to go back to the image or text ?

I'm considering a webpage with portfolio. Several images that will open the respective panos/tours.

If a visitor clicks on several jobs, there will be lot's of panos being rendered and consuming cpu.. gpu or whatever.

Is it possible to create this "back" or "close" buttton?
    Or ... make the pano active only when the mouse is over, otherwise freezed.

Thanks!

Daniel Farjoun
    http://www.xyz360.com.br

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!