Ok moving on and another question!

• Have replaced the old code with:

The values of -0.3 and 0.3 were a bit arbitary. I tried values from 180 downwards and came to the conlusion its using a field of view of one, and decided 0.3 either side of the mid point was a plausible value.
    What I dont understand is why panning one way it scrolls nice and slowly and then the other way it zaps across?
    Sorry to be a pain and thanks in anticipation again!
    Ooops forgot the link: http://www.frozentime.co.uk/omk

• Easy, you"be described your input image with a ridiculous hfov of 1. Give it some real values and the rest of the will make more sense. Hfov stands for horizontal field of view. Field of view is the angle of view
    You can see from one point using 360 as a measurement for a complete circle around this point.

• Ok according to me:
    A Canon EOS 400D at 180mm zoom has a field of view of 7 deg 3 min 29 sec. The full resolution version of the pano is 23737px wide.
    If you divide 23737 by 3888 (which is the horizontal resolution of the 400D) you get a figure of 6.1 "images wide".
    Therefore the field of view of the panorama is 6.1 times that of the inividual photo and therefore is 43 degrees.
    Panning 13 degrees left means that the left hand side of the screen is pretty much the left hand side of the panorama, and it pans nice and slowly that way as expected.
    However panning back the other way 13 degrees does not seem to pan as smoothly leaving me confused still.
    Here's the code from index.xml:

And heres the link so you can see it:
    http://www.frozentime.co.uk/omk
    Thanks again for your time and assistance so far guys!

• Hey Chris,

Jarred is right, in your second lookto you are panning from -13 to 13 which is 26º. If you use the same panning speed as your first lookto the pan needs to cover twice the distance in the same time.
    Try half your panning speed in your second lookto.

Kev

• Chris,

Due to your limited field of view,

Try this instead. remove the

onstart="test();" and add this to your xml.

<events onloadcomplete="test();" />
    <action name="test">
    oninterrupt(break);
    lookto(-.2,0,.10,linear(.051)); trace('test1');
    lookto(.2,0,.10,linear(.051)); trace('test2');
    </action>

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Jarredja (31. Mai 2011 um 07:44)

• Thank you :)
    I ammended it slightly:

And it now works fine at http://www.frozentime.co.uk/omk
    I understand why if we treat the full field of view as "1" why we want to pan "0.3" either way. And I have no problem with the linear speed. I don't fully understand what the "0.10" figure does so if anyone can explain that it would be nice.
    The explanation given in the manual doesnt help me understand this value.
    Thanks to those who helped for your time and assistance!!!

• The 0.10 is the field of view. According to the manual, if not set, it is supposed to use the existing fov but it did not. I added in the options plugin to see what figures the pano was using and then made my choices from there.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!