Adjust code in vtour-normal.config to include equirectangular file name?

• Hi,

Is there any way to adjust the code in the vtour-normal.config (shown below) so that I can change the name of exported jpgs to include the initiael quirectangular file name?

After I added the extra code submitted by Hans from another thread I tried a few samples and always get

mobile_b.jpg
    pano_b.jpg
    tablet_b.jpg

I would like to have the jpgs named like below as I use XML tour templates for everything so stick to numbers as they can be easily reused again.

001_mobile_b.jpg
    001_pano_b.jpg
    001_tablet_b.jpg

002_mobile_b.jpg
    002_pano_b.jpg
    002_tablet_b.jpg

etc........

Here's the code for the vtour-normal.config file

I could change each file name but I have 80 equirectangular files to process and sheer insanity would set in changing 1440 individual file names *blink*

Thanks,

Andrew

• Beginning with a number in the name will cause you trouble. Also, not real sure you want to name the images again when they are already deposited in a folder with the initial name. I have tried adding %BASENAME% and it does work but only for the "pano" images. The mobile and tablet images do not get the basename attribute.

tilepath=%INPUTPATH%/vtour/panos/%BASENAME%.tiles/%BASENAME%pano[_c].jpg

• Thanks for the reply Jarredja.

My regular workflow is to have 3 folders on the server and all the tour images go in them.

eg.

mobile
    tablet
    pano

If the jpgs were all titled mobile_b.jpg, pano_b.jpg, tablet_b.jpg I could only have one set in the main folder which is unfortunately how the droplet works.

I don't use any of the xml that is produced from the droplet and simply drag and drop the created jpgs into their respective folders. I'm trying to spend more time taking photographs and less time creating the tours so reusing templates works well for me until a large tour comes along and I have to rename all the jpg file names *pinch* Template xml code can be changed in Dreamweaver using find & replace.

My other option is to create the tiles in Pano2VR and do 3 sets at a time for each loaded equirectangular image but was hoping some wizardry could be created in the vtour-normal.config for more automation.

Andrew

• After having my coffee this morning, I realized I could make that download lighter and have it so you just dump it into your existing tools folder. So here it is.

http://www.texasvirtualtours.com/share/tools.zip

EDIT: Always retest when you make changes to a file. I did not include the html and xml folders and therefore it did not work as expected for either download. I have updated the tools.zip AND the tooltest.zip so they should both work correctly NOW.

Should of had two cups of coffee, I guess.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Jarredja (30. Mai 2011 um 16:41)

• Bloody hell, that's clever and works great *thumbsup*

I opened the 'test triple images vtour normal droplet.bat' and the 3 X 'vtour-normal.config' files in notepad to see what you did with the code.

Thanks very much for your time in setting this up. I'll keep a copy of your 'tooltest' zip file locally in case anyone else here needs it in the future.

Andrew

Jarred, you added the other post as I was writing my reply and I used the first version to test. I see what you mean with the newer zip file and I'll put it in my own tools folder.

Thanks again.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!