Automatic Map (XML plugin)

• Firstly, your plugin is extremely helpful, thanks for creating it and making it affordable. Now, I'm sure this is a silly question but how do you change the clipping window for the map node. I tried loading a new map graphic but its width and height don't fit where the rectangular floor plan fits. Is there a way to edit this to stop the cropping thats going on?

• Hi
    Just bought automap and nearly got it working, a question, we have a hotel with panos of lobby, outside, restaurant, bar and rooms etc.
    I only want the map to appear on the room panos (as using it to show room layout), not on all panos, how can I set this up, as using the example xml I end up with the map appearing on every pano, also I dont want to have separate xml for each room.
    A second point, radar etc works fine, but clicking on the centre 'dot' does not load the relevant scene, any ideas (I will put online tomorrow)
    Thanks
    Tim

• Hi!
    To show map only in rooms -

Just use map hide action in all not maped scenes (in onstart event)
    and use map show action in all rooms scenes.
    and about - ... but clicking on the centre 'dot' does not load the relevant scene ...

I need to take a look at working example to findout what is wrong.

Hope it help
    Regards
    Andrey *thumbup*

• Hi Andrey,

I just bought AutoMap but I am completely lost (I am an xml beginner). I was wondering if you could possibly help me implement AutoMap into my existing Panotour virtual tour. What I am trying to achieve is to change map depending on the floor I am at. The map needs to have hotspots and radar.

I would really appreciate it if you could please help.

Kind Regards,

Lucas

• Hi!
    Without basic krpano xml knowledge it would be difficult.
    So first you should read this
    http://www.krpano.com/docu/xml/

http://www.krpano.com/docu/actions/

http://www.krpano.com/docu/quickref/

And after that take a look at example and try to understand how it's work.

If you want I can do it for you *wink*
    But, currently I can't working fast (very busy)
    If it's Ok then send me you tour (but without pano images, only preview)
    I will try to help.

Little advice - try on small tour (with 2-3 scene or panos) copy paste from example and try to adjust.

Hope it help
    Regards
    Andrey *thumbup*

• Hi,
    I am trying to install automap into my tour. I have general knowledge of xml and actions etc..but I am kind of lost. Can someone provide me with general directions to install? I have read through the forums and examples, but something I am doing is not working. In my tour folder, should their be two XML files, the original and then the automap.xml? Then would I use the "add" action in the original xml to load the automap.xml file? Am I getting close, or completely off? I keep getting automap/automap.xml - loading error (IO-Error). Also, do I have to upload the auto map folder to my server, since that is where the images are?

Edited 4 times, last by dsullyfoto (December 6, 2012 at 7:31 PM).

• Hi guys,

I want to ask you 2 question related to this plugin:

1) the radars are displayed stretched on iphone/ipad devices screenshot from a iphone 4 - what's happening with the radar why is displayed in this way?

2) how can I put more floor maps (map1 and map2) also I want the panos from the default skin slider to be sync with the map ..

Many thanks.
    Alex

• Hi guys,

I've used the following syntax but without success trying to add two floormaps
    From the slider of the default skin when I'm displaying the panos related to second floormap - map1 dissapeared (this is fine) but the map2 is not displayed instead.

<krpano version="1.0.8.15" .... onstart="startup(); buildmap(map1); gotoscene(scene_18);">

<scene name="scene_01" onstart="showhidemaps(map1);" ...>

<action name="showhidemaps">
    if(%1 == "map1",
    set(plugin[map1].visible,true);
    set(plugin[map2].visible,false);
    );

if(%1 == "map2",
    set(plugin[map1].visible,false);
    set(plugin[map2].visible,true);
    );

</action>

Could you please advice me how to handle this?

• Hi!
    try this
    if(%1 === map1,
    set(plugin[map1].visible,true);
    set(plugin[map2].visible,false);
    );

if(%1 === map2,
    set(plugin[map1].visible,false);
    set(plugin[map2].visible,true);
    );

It's must works
    If not, contact me mail @ atlas-is dot ru
    and show me your code I will try to help you

Regards
    Andrey

• I've just recently bought your plugin, and was very eager to implement it right away in a project of mine. Despite your detailed and clear instructions, I came across a bit of troubling.

I want the viewpoints not to open preview pictures, but xml files. It does the job but immediatly disables the radar.

Here is the code:

Do you've any idea what this possible error might cause?

Thanks in advance.

• Hello,

We got your map working as we wanted. The only question we have is how to disable the hotspots when the map is scalled down so people can't accidentally click on the hotspots when they hover over.
    We want to prevent to let people think the map is supposed to be small, and force them to use the map in enlarged-mode.
    So to sum it up, when the map is scaled down we would like;
    - to disable hover text
    - to disable clickable hotspots

However, we want these functions to be enabled when the map is enlarged.

Thanks in advance,
    spablauw

• I have the map up and running and clicking on the viewpoints open the corresponding scenes.

As the radar looks silly on HTML5 with the double views I've removed radar.png & radarjs.png so it doesn't display at all (I'm happy with that) but I would like the person to know which viewpoint they are currently on.

Is there a way to make the current viewpoint highlighted so it still shows their location within the floor plan? I don't really need the radar feature at all if it doesn’t work properly in HTML5 so will just use the viewpoints.

I think you should probably put up a html5 demo or at minimum a screen shot so people can see what it looks like before purchasing.

Thanks,

Andrew

Edited 2 times, last by andrew22222 (September 19, 2013 at 12:50 AM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!