Slow and Jerky Performance on Tablets

• Hi

Yes I can see what you mean. It does not at all work like mine on my Desire Z which is just 800mHz and still works perfect with for example this one.
    http://www.360-foto.dk/vr/churches/

The first church uses 340 tiles and cubefaces from 680 to 3442.
    If you load the "MarieMagdalene" from the menu the first one is a 28000x14000 panorama with max 8192 cubefaces and with 512 tiles starting with 512 x512 cubefaces.

Everything works smooth and I can easy zoom in all the way.

Maybe the large tiles you use is the problem. Using 512 with 2 levelsteps is from my experience the ideal.
    You also have a lot of tweens on your buttons but as long as you do not use them I can not see that should be a problem.

Actually it feels very sluggy even on my iMac 27". Something is making it work very slow.

Hans

• Had a look at your xml. You use stillquality="HIGHSHARP"
    I would not use that .

BTW I can see you use tablet images. That means that Android will load the them. I assume they are 1024x1024.

That should not be a problem though. Android performs OK with non tiled cubefaces up to around 1280.

Hans

• Hi Hans,

Thanks for checking it. I've removed the highsharp statement. Could you try it again for me please?

I have an iMac 27" 2.8 Intel Core i7 with 8GB of Ram and it runs really smooth so not sure why it is running slowly on yours.

Do you think I have to change something in my config files before I have to run the process?

When I process in PTGui I get 10000x5000 as output so I am assuming it is on the krpano side that the processing has to change. I would have only thought that the output from Krpano was default to load the section marked tablet, for ipad and galaxy tablet type devices, and mobile for iphone, galaxy phone type devices. I thought the first portion of the coding was for desktop only. Here is an example of the output for the first section. Thanks in advance for looking into this.

• Hi,

Wondering if anyone can test this link on a android tablet - http://www.eyecandyvi.com/falcon2000/start.html

I've tested it on both mobile android and Galaxy Tab and get the same poor performance. The same link works on the ipad and it is very smooth. To me it is loading the entire desktop tiles and boggs it right down. Any advice?

the rendering on this pano is slower because it uses the Fisheye effect,

in your xml files there seems to be no fisheye setting and the fisheye setting is 0.0 by default,
    but only with krpano xml version 1.0.8 or higher,

krpano xml version 1.0.7 and below had 0.35 as default setting for fisheye,

and in some of your xml files you had this wrong version number:

Code
    <krpano version="1.0.12"

"1.0.12" will be detected as "1.0.1" and this is lower then "1.0.8" and so the fisheye effect will be enabled,

solution:
    - either change the version="1.0.12" to "1.0.8" (in all xml files)
    - or remove the version="..." completely (also in all xml files)

additionally you could remove that setting in the html file:

Code
    viewer.addParam("wmode","opaque");

this makes the flashplayer rendering also slower,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Yes it works fine now but you should ad a fullscreen button.
    You have a fixed size and without any fullcreen I get the buttons outside.
    You should use 100% width and height.

There is a flash built in fullscreen which appears if you press anywhere in the image but it does not real fullscreen.
    You get black sides or in portrait a large black bottom and top because you have the fixed size.

Also getting out of it maybe difficult for people, if you do not know that you need to use the back arrow on your phone.

Hans

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!