Spherical should be in which ratio while converting to cubes using "Ktransform" tool

• Hi,

In which ratio should i have to keep Spherical image while converting it to cubes using "Ktransform" tool?

For example,
    I am displaying only 180 degree view without top and bottom cube.
    i have to spherical image with having 4000 x 875 dimensions and when i will covert it to 6 six cubes. it will take some part of upper and bottom cubes to other cubes. and in result it will shows some big black curve to top and bottom.

so please give me some proportion idea for spherical while converting it to six cubes.

Thanks

--
    Pratiks

• Hi sachagriffin,

Thanks a lot
    This is really helpful to me.

As you say 2x1 ratio is standard one. but can i use 4x1.5 ratio (my sphericals are generally of 4000 x 1300 or 4000 x 1500?
    Is it makes any difference ?

Thanks

--
    Pratiks

• Hi Nupsi,

Your are right, we can limit the vlookatmin and vlookatax, but in my scenario all the sphecial images are converted using batch process with "ktransform" tool and xml is generated dynamically for all the scene.

so i can not able to set that values for particular low size image.

Thanks

--
    Pratiks

• Hi,

sorry, I don't understand what you want to archive, but if you don't want any black empty areas in the cube images then you need to use a full 360x180 (=2:1 aspect) spherical image of course,

the cube is just an other projection type of a 360x180 pano and a partial pano with e.g. 4000x1500 (=360x135) can't 'fill' the full cube,

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!