Defence of the program, tape player and license in krpano

• Good day!

I am sorry, if I duplicate a theme...

Prompt me, is defense reliable in krpano? Namely, if my product (panorama) will get to the persons that will want to leave the file of krpano.swf ( without a license) simply substitutionally main file of xml and substitution of the cubes of panorama - its turns out or the program protects this variant?
    Total, interests me whether other can to get working player of panoramas from my V-tour, which created with the use of license. And to use it for creation of the panoramas? Here the question is not about defense concretely of my panoramas, namely about defense of the program, as a record player (unlaid and inscription in the center of screen).

Please prompt me - this question worries anymore
    Thanks!

• As I don't fully understand the request, I will answer what I believe you are asking and hope it is on target.

For the flash player, using kprotect, you can embed your license AND the xml so that the entire project is packaged into a swf file. At this time, you cannot fully protect the xml for the iphone player due to current limitations.

You can also lock the krpano.swf file onto a domain name using kprotect.

Can you prevent theft entirely?
    No, there is always someone somewhere that willl illegally find a way to steal what is rightfully someone else's works. These protections will keep an honest person honest.
    Now, unless you have tons of custom code it probably is not worth the effort since we already have lots of code shared in this forum that many people are using in some way.

Hope that answers your question.

Jarred

• Thank you.
    in relation to defence in one halyard I understand. But I was interested by the question of possibility of the use of the prepared file of swf (with a license) for creation of other turns licence free manner strange persons.

• He's wondering (i think) If he uploads a tour to a client, if someone can just take the licence (or the krpano.swf with the licence in it) and then create tours with his license (and thus removing the watermark.

The answer is yes. But if you rename the file to something like tour.swf, put it in a subfolder where other assets are, then such person needs to have knowledge of krpano to steal your license. If he has such knowledge, then he probally has a license already. Pressing o in the tour shows the dialog showing the name of the licenseholder.

perhaps klaus should add the name of the license holder in the contextmenu (+ registered website link?) this would stop the theft of licence keys.

but license keys are easy to get. I can get atleast 10 by typing the right keywords in google. But I know the keywords because I have a license/have knowledge of krpano ;)

1 tip. You can rename your license key to something like logo.png. Then in the html addVariable("license", "logo.png".
    Other options are (not 100% sure) deny direct access to .license files with .htaccess server settings.

• Thank you very much for the unfolded answer! I understood so, that the turn protected in krprotect allows to protect the use of the stolen record player of krpano.swf (without wetermarks) by prohibition of viewing in off - line, connections with a domain and due to defence of files. Correctly?

And yet question. Zephy, What program did you used for creation of panoramas? They very well lay down in a sphere.

• the O logkey does show who the swf is licensed to.

you can disable the o key. logkey="false" Which would allow any user to use other people licenses without them knowing. If it was in contextmenu, it would narrow it down a bit, since it would be visible for the client and other people viewing the site. Ultimaly leading to you again.

• you can disable the o key. logkey="false" Which would allow any user to use other people licenses without them knowing. If it was in contextmenu, it would narrow it down a bit, since it would be visible for the client and other people viewing the site. Ultimaly leading to you again.

very good point.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!