Help requested making my first HTML5 panorama in krpano

• Hello

I have downloaded the krpano trial, but I am very much a novice when it comes to xml (but ready to learn). I would like to create an HTML5 panorama to display in Safari 5 on the Macintosh, so that I can evaluate the quality against my current pano making software.

I have made a Flash pano using the demo software and this works fine, but I'm not sure what I need to do to make a version for HTML5. I would like the pano to work in HTML5 only, as the example here - https://krpano.com/tours/kuchlerhaus/html5only.html

Please would some kind person point me in the right direction? Is there documentation which would help? Is there a front-end GUI in the pipeline?

Regards
    Andrew

• Please will someone point me in the right direction (Klaus, are you reading this?). I cannot purchase krpano until I have seen that it works for me, and I can't do that until I have seen an HTML5 example of one of my own panos, and at the moment I cannot see where to start.

Regards

Andrew

• I can't do that until I have seen an HTML5 example of one of my own panos

???????????????????????

Anyway, since only a few browsers support html5 to some extent and you can use krpano on a localhost, use the html5 example and set up a localhost setup on your computer. Replace the image with your own if you NEED to see your own images to see the same features.

• To enable the JS/HTML5 viewer on Safari on a dekstop pc/Mac:

Open safari.
    options/settings (the sprocket)
    preferences...
    advanced -> show develop menu in menu bar
    Ok

if you dont see the menu:
    options
    show menubar

In the develop menu set the on User agent-> IOS 3.3.2 Ipad

This way krpano.js gets triggered instead of krpano.swf. So youll see the tour how Ipad sees it (although ofcourse not touch events will be triggered)

• Hi,

for the first try to test the krpanoJS viewer (and build automatically panos for it) to do that:

1. download and extract the krpano tools
    2. on Windows run the "Enable iPhone-iPad DEMOMODE" to build a dummy (=empty) "krpanoiphone.license.js" file,
      on Mac open the Texteditor and save the empty file as "krpanoiphone.license.js" file in the tools folder
    3. the dummy/empty "krpanoiphone.license.js" will let the tools/droplets think that there is a iPhone/iPad license and they will start building also iPhone/iPad images (see here for details)
    4. then just drop your pano images on the MAKE PANO or MAKE VTOUR droplets
    5. open the html or swf files to view the panos/tours
    6. open the html file in Safari and change the Useragent to iPhone or iPad to test the iPhone/iPad panos,

see also here:
    https://krpano.com/docu/tutorials/#makevtourdroplet

best regards,
    Klaus

• I also just try to make my first iphone compatable photo.
    the "make pano (multires) droplet.bat" doesn't automatically do all the business for it to work ?
    which droplet makes all the stuff for iphone etc ?
    cheers

mick

• Hi,

please see here:
    https://krpano.com/iphone/#droplets

in the config files there these settings:

Code
    buildmobileimages=auto
    buildtabletimages=auto

the "auto" means the droplet will automatically build the mobile/tablet images only when there is a krpano iPhone/iPad license,

and when one of these settings will be true (either by setting it manually or by the auto mode), then the droplet will also build automatically the iPhone/iPad images and the xml and the viewer for it,

so to make testing easyier there is the "Enable iPhone-iPad DEMOMODE.bat" file - this builds an empty "krpanoiphone.license.js" file, only to enable the automatic detection, but the generated viewer will not have a license embedded and it still in demo mode of course,

best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!