Panorama doesn't load

• Hello,
    I have a 150MB panorama that doesn't load. It is a partial panorama with FOV of about 130x30 grads.
    I'm using the swf viewer and here is my very simple xml file:

Code
    <krpano>
    <image type="SPHERE" hfov="130" vfov="32">
    <sphere url="big_pano.jpg" />
    </image>
    </krpano>

When I navigate to /home/ivanatora/krpano.swf I get the spinner and the progress bar. The progress bar goes to the end CPU usage goes to heaven and nothing happens. If I put wrong filename (like "big_pan.jpg") I get error. Here I don't get any message.
    The provided examples run well.

The image can be opened in GIMP on the same PC for no more than 20-30 sec.
    What am I doing wrong?

Edited 2 times, last by ivanatora (July 1, 2011 at 8:47 AM).

• Hi,

how big in pixels is that image?
    and - is there a warning or error in the krpano log?

I ask because the maximum size of a single images is flash is limited - to something around 8000x4000,

and maybe the Flashplayer itself has already problems loading the 150 MB file,

for big images I would hardly recommend using multi-resolution,
    e.g. instead of trying to use that big image directly try droping that on the "MAKE PANO (MULTIRES) droplet" from the tools,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Yep, now I see the "too large image" warning :)

How can I use the multires droplet? I tried this via the command line (linux):

What html template does it need? How can I provide it?

• Thanks, that was it!
    Everything is working. I can view the panorama at localhost, but if I move the files to apache directory I get licensing error. Do I have to buy krpano license if I want to publish a panorama?

Ah and something else. The kmakepreview tool does not copy krpano.swf file. I had to copy it manually. Just mention it in case someone else go in my way.

why should it copy the krpano.swf anywhere?

Well, it also creates XML and HTML file and copies the krpano JS file as well, right? It creates an almost-ready for viewing bundle with the images. The only thing that is missing is the krpano.swf file.

Regards,
    Ivan.

• Hi,

Well, it also creates XML and HTML file and copies the krpano JS file as well, right? It creates an almost-ready for viewing bundle with the images. The only thing that is missing is the krpano.swf file.

right, but the kmakemultires tools is doing that (you wrote 'kmakepreview'),

if it copies the krpano.swf (or builds an swf file were the krpano.swf and the license is embedded) depends on the settings in the config file,

e.g. have a look at the "kmakemultires.config" - there all settings are defined and documented,

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!