using custom zoom and pan enabled map with radars

• Hello all
    I have got a project to create the virtual tour of University. They want it like the google street view but with a custom site map that have radars on it. There are around 900 location points taken around every 10 - 14 meters. Almost all the stitching is already finished. Now its time to create final Vtour.
    I was able to solve most problems but a few very important ones still remain.

1) The site map is large so there must be option to be able to manually pan and zoom with radars on it. I was able to put radars on it but I am not able to make it zoom and pan.
    2) The site map should also automatically pan as we move forward so that the current active radar is in center ( Like in Tourweaver map )
    3) As there will be 900 points so the xml will become too large and will take long time for initial load. I would like to know some smart way to divide the xmls that are loaded when required.

Please solve my issues as the deadline is approaching very fast and still lots is to be done..

Thanks

• 900 points? wow that is a lot. you will not be able to use the vtour droplet. puting all that into 1 xml will take forver jsut like you stated. you will need a separate xml for each scene to reduce loading times or some kind of PHP solution where xmls can be generated on the fly. you will need to make an aciton to load the next scene, pan the custom map to new X and Y coordinare to keep it centered. 900 points seems like over kill. Standing and being able to view a 360 every 10-15 feet is nice but is it really needed? I hope you charged ALOT for this. We just charged a university 20k for 50 scenes plus some bells and whistles.

• Thanks for reply. 360 view every 10- 14 meters is not actually required. But thats what they need. They are inspired from google street view. This is my first big virtual tour project. I am being paid very less for this. I have alredy spend much more than I will get on equipment and man hours taking pictures and stitching. And still lots need to be done. The only reason I am doing this is because this is a good reputed university and adding this tour to my portfolio will be good for my future.

Here is a test which is done on tourweaver.
    http://www.3dcreativeworld.com/vt_low/_flash/…d_project2.html

The tour weaver has limited functionality and I have no idea how will it behave with 900 panos.

I need much more customizable software like krpano. I tested similar on krpano with aroud 20 panos. They are working fine but the problem is with image map. (cant upload as I am still using demo version for testing).

As you can see in tourweaver that image map is quit large and still its just one fourth of the complete map.

we can pan the image map in tourweaver to go where ever we want on the site. And the tour weaver then automatically centers the current active point in the map

I need similar functionality in krpano. Preferably also to be able to zoom in and out on map.

Please provide some solution..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!