You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, July 13th 2011, 9:06pm

Concave horizon in cylindrical pano

I am trying to create cylindrical multi-res panorama from a 2.2Gb (78k X 9.3K px) tif file, generated as cylindrical pano by PTGui. The horizon is traight in the tif file, but appears concave in the KRPANO panorama. I do indicate that this is a partial panorama, cylindrical, 184° wide. Any suggestions?

A little later... I tried to render the panorama as flat, not cylinder - problem gone!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "uric" (Jul 13th 2011, 9:25pm)

Thursday, July 14th 2011, 3:13pm

Hi,

this happens when the horizon is not in the middle of the image (automatically detecting where the horizon is not possible of course),
but it is possible to 'shift' the pano image up and down to center the image at it's horizon,

in the xml there is a 'voffset' setting for that:
http://krpano.com/docu/xml/#image.voffset

when you know the fov ranges it would be possible to calculate it,
or when using the 1.0.8.14 version and the options plugin from there, then it would be also possible to change the 'voffset' setting interactively to find the right one,

best regards,
Klaus