Lenght of the folder structure...

• Is there a limit in the lenght of the folder structure and/or restrictions?
    I have the pano on an external HD, with a long folder structure and spaces in the folder's names.

I did the VT using "Make Pano Multires":

- on the external HD, opening the html, the pano starts but the standard interface is not visible and a warning message is shown.
    - Copying the folder on the Desktop, everything works fine.

Thanks,
    Marco

• Yes, more than one start with a number... in fact I use dates for the folder and they're not the only numbers, but never had an issue for this reason.
    But sometime I might use special characters like "360°": is "°" not allowed?

If so, please, allow also special characters, if possible.

Thanks,
    Marco

• Windows (not sure about linux) has a max length a file may be in (I think its like 255 characters). When you create a vtour of a file with a lengthy name, it will alsoo be put in a lengthy subfolder, which is in another subfolder.

Alsoo if you try to create a folder on your desktop with special chars like °" you'll get an error. So its nothing krpano can do.

• This is the error message:

INFO: krpano 1.0.8.14 (build 2011-04-11)
    INFO: Flashplayer MAC 10,1,102,64 PlugIn
    INFO: registered to: Marco Lanciani
    WARNING: not local trusted - ExternalInterface disabled!
    ERROR: download of "file:///Volumes/Raid 01/Shoots/Acquario Romano/2011.07.11 - Animalia/20110711/360° Panoramas/Virtual Tour/MAKE PANO MULTIRES/9052/skin/qtvr-cursors.png" failed
    ERROR: download of "file:///Volumes/Raid 01/Shoots/Acquario Romano/2011.07.11 - Animalia/20110711/360° Panoramas/Virtual Tour/MAKE PANO MULTIRES/9052/skin/buttons.png" failed

Here you can also see the full path.
    As I told the Virtual Tour Starts but it doesn't load the interface... closing the warning message I can navigate but still without the interface.

Marco

• ...also krprotect refuses to create the protected SWF file...

What is the problem?
    The lenght, special characters or what else?

As expected creating a "standard" folder on the first level of the external HD I have no problems creating the protected SWF file.

Thanks

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!