Pano Works on iPhone, but not iPad??

• I'm having a bit of a dilemma with my 360 degree Panoramas. I'm now sure when it happened, but for some reason they don't display on my iPad anymore. They do however display on my iPhone. Any ideas?

http://www.HowellPhotographicArts.com/Howell_Photographics_Arts/DeereRun18Panorama.html

I'm guessing this is now a result of iOS 4.3.4 which is on my iPad 2 that has the problem.

I have an iPad (1) that is running iOS 4.3.3 that works fine.

Any thoughts???

• That link doesn't work on my iPhone. It says something about MobileMe blah blah blah. Try restarting your phone and see if it still shows up correctly.

• I cleared my cache, history, and cookies and still have the same issue. If I turn on Debug I see the following error:
    HTML Error on Line 5
    http://hamoepage.mac.com/jrhowell/Sites…18Panorama.html
    Viewport argument "target-densitydpi" not recognized. Content ignored.

Again ... this just seemed to become an issue with 4.3.4 on the iPad 2. It does work fine on 4.3.3 in a iPad (1).

I've attached the html file krpano produced.

Thanks for any insight.

JR

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
    <head>
    <title>krpano.com - DeereRun18Panorama</title>
    <meta name="viewport" content="target-densitydpi=device-dpi, width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, minimum-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0" />
    <meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes" />
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8" />
    <style>
    html { height:100%; }
    body { height:100%; overflow: hidden; margin:0; padding:0; font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:16px; color:#FFFFFF; background-color:#000000; }
    a{ color:#AAAAAA; text-decoration:underline; }
    a:hover{ color:#FFFFFF; text-decoration:underline; }
    </style>
    </head>
    <body>

<script src="DeereRun18Panorama.js"></script>

<div id="pano" style="width:100%; height:100%;">
    <noscript><table style="width:100%;height:100%;"><tr style="valign:middle;"><td><div style="text-align:center;">ERROR:<br/><br/>Javascript not activated<br/><br/></div></td></tr></table></noscript>
    <script>
    embedpano({swf:"DeereRun18Panorama.swf", xml:"DeereRun18Panorama.xml", target:"pano"});
    </script>
    </div>

</body>
    </html>

• Hi,

Viewport argument "target-densitydpi" not recognized. Content ignored.

the "target-densitydpi" is an Android specific setting,
    on iOS (all versions) you will see a warning/error about it but that doesn't affect anything else,

but your panos itself are working fine on iPad 1, iPad 2...

do you maybe have Javascript disabled on your iPad 2? (in the Safari Settings)

best regards,
    Klaus

• I don't quite understand the issue, but it's now gone.

I did have Javescript enabled ...

So, just for general principles, I did a hard reset.

And now it works ... Go figure.

Thanks for listening ...

JR

• Hi,

have you updated the iPad shortly before trying the panos?

I have not expired that by myself, but regarding to some other reports that it seem that the Safari is partially buggy directly after an iOS update and that the system needs to restarted to get all working normally...

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!