Video Player and Alpha Channels

• I trying to use some videos produce by a very skilled video shooter and editor inside a 360. The video format is a MOV file with an alpha channel in it. When I run the 360 the standard Play/Pause text will show up when moved over the video hotspot but nothing shows up.

When I look at the XML all the generated infomation about the video, size, etc is wrong. The video is 720 by 480 pixels. Here's what I've put in:

<hotspot name="videospot2"
    url="videoplayer.swf"
    videourl="rise fast.mov"
    distorted="true"
    ath="0"
    atv="0"
    edge="center"
    scale="1.0"
    rx="0"
    ry="0"
    rz="0"
    loop="true"
    pausedonstart="true"
    directionalsound="true"
    range="110"
    volume="0.7"
    onhover="if(ispaused, showtext(click to play, videohoverstyle), showtext(click to pause, videohoverstyle));"
    onclick="togglepause();"
    />

And here's what is in the XML when I run this.

<hotspot name="videospot2"
    url="videoplayer.swf"
    keep="false"
    ath="0" atv="0"
    zoom="false" distorted="true" details="8" flying="0"
    width="400" height="300"
    scale="1" scale9grid="" scalechildren="false" rotate="0"
    rx="0" ry="0" rz="0"
    edge="center" ox="" oy=""
    crop="" ondowncrop="" onovercrop=""
    visible="true" enabled="true" usecontentsize="false" handcursor="true" capture="true" children="true"
    zorder="0"
    alpha="1.00" blendmode="normal" effect="" smoothing="true"
    refreshrate="auto"
    onloaded=""
    onover=""
    onhover="if(ispaused, showtext(click to play, videohoverstyle), showtext(click to pause, videohoverstyle));"
    onout=""
    ondown=""
    onup=""
    onclick="togglepause();"
    buffertime="0.1"
    devices="all"
    directionalsound="true"
    imageheight="300"
    imagewidth="400"
    iscomplete="false"
    isvideoready="false"
    loadedbytes="0"
    loop="true"
    maskchildren="false"
    onvideocomplete=""
    onvideoready=""
    outofrangevolume="0"
    pausedonstart="true"
    pixelheight="0"
    pixelhittest="false"
    pixelwidth="0"
    range="110"
    rangefalloff="1"
    totalbytes="0"
    totaltime="0"
    updateeveryframe="true"
    videourl="rise fast.mov"
    volume="0.7"
    />

Any ideas as to why this is, one not showing up, two, getting the pixel dimensions wrong, and three what is the "isvideoready" function and why is it set to false?

Help, I need to know that embedded videos with ALPHA channels can work in KRPANO.

Cheers,

Robert

• If this is not possible, is there a video format where transparency is supported and supported by the Video player in KRPano?

From some limited research, my Internet connection is down :( , the FLV format appears to support transparency if the players background is forced to alpha 0.

And if that's not possible is tranparency in animated GIF format supported?

• Hi,

the video codec itself needs to support the Alpha channel then it will automatically work also in krpano,
    and I'm not sure but I think only the On2 VP6 codec is supporting Alpha channel...

e.g. see the note here:
    http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Flash/10…63-25EC5C73F873

here a quote from there:

Zitat

Note: If you need to use either video with alpha channel support for compositing, or cue points to trigger synchronized events with video playback, you must use the On2 VP6 video codec; F4V does not support alpha video channels. Cue points can be embedded in the XMP metadata of an F4V file, but parsing that data requires custom ActionScript code.

best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!