krpano for iPad app

• Hello everyone!

I want to buy the krpano and the iphone license (I need both right?), but I'd like to know a few things first.

1. I was trying the demo version, everything seems very easy, is it as easy to do it for iPad?
    2. The swfkrpano.js is provided by krpano with my purchase... right? or where do you get it?
    3. Does the krpano watermark appears with the purchased license? I'm guessing not, but in that case, is there a way to remove it?
    4. Is it possible to view the krpano inside an app or does it have to be in safari? And is there away to view it full screen without the navigation bar??

Sorry for all this questions, but I want to know what am I getting myself into, and I'm in kind of a hurry. *unsure*

Thanks in advance!

• Hi,

1. Yes, you can make a tour which will look and behave the same as it is on desktop. But krpanoJS (krpanio viewer for iDevices) have some limitations. Check out this page.
    2. swfkrpano.js is included in download package.
    3. Supply krpano viewer with license and you will never see the watermarks :)
    4. > Is it possible to view the krpano inside an app or does it have to be in safari? And is there away to view it full screen without the navigation bar??
    What do you mean by that? Inside which app you would like to see krpano viewer?
    Krpano runs in safari on pc and mac and yes, it is possible to view tour/pano in fullscreen mode.

• As far as I know it´s not possible to activate a fullscreen-mode on iDevices like iPhone or iPad. The user can use the pano/tour in (almost) fullscreen if using a browser like Atomic. But Safari has no fullscreen-mode....as far as I know.

And yes, it´s even possible to use the krpano-viewer for Apps (search the forum). But there is no function build in krpano which allows you to produce a App which you could bring directly into the App Store.

Best regards,
    Nupsi

• Most uses of krpano for iphone and ipad are already fullscreen, meaning it covers the whole screen, you can't get any more fullscreen than that.

Unless, you have the krpano take up less than a fullscreen, meaning, half the screen with other html elements.
    In this case, you can have a fullscreen button, that will make the krpano viewer take up the entire screen, meaning it will resize itself to cover the whole screen.
    I hope that's clear.

• Thanks everyone for your fast responses! I got almost everything I need, except I didn't understand the fullscreen thing...

I want to "attach" this pano feature to an app I already did, its a sort of portfolio for an architect, so it has some scrolling galleries and simple stuff, but now he wants to add this feature to the same app, so that you can see the krpano and then return to the main app, if its not possible and the app will send me to safari, he doesn't want the safari browser (yeah, picky) and still come back to the main app. Also, its not for iTunes Store, at least not in the near future.

Any ideas?

- Mel

• by the way... do you know how can I test the demo version on the iPad? I want to know the process before buying it, so I can tell the client: "YES, I can do that for you!"

thanks!!

• In the latest tools package is a bat file that generates a "temp license". It will allow you to see the iPhone version. Put that temp license into the tools folder before dropping an image onto a "make blah blah" tool. Be sure not to use a tool that makes a swf protected file.

• Thanks! I already downloaded it and it works like a charm in my mac, but if I try to test it on the iPad or the iPad simulator, the html loads fine, but empty, without the embed krpano do you know why is that? I have everything in the same folder and I already checked the paths *unsure*

• Hi inkdevelop!
    Maybe the script doesn't load your krpanoiphone.js or your tour.xml...
    You can test something like this:

The way that works better for my tour in all version is:

Hope it could help !
    For testing your tour on iPhone/iPad you can ru safari, go to user agent and select the device you want to test!
    There's a fine explanation of Klaus HERE !
    On the last safari update you have the 4.3.3 version of mobile device *wink*
    Have a nice day.
    Regards.

• Yomas, thanks for your help, but still no change. I'm using the user agent for ipad, but maybe I'm missing something, but in the second piece of code you posted, you use an iphone.xml file, is it different to the default krpano.xml? I'm sorry for so many questions (silly questions I guess) but I'm such a noob!

• I tried to post it online via dropbox but I think it has a problem with the files paths. Anyway, in the iPad user agent says: Fatal Error No iPhone/iPad/iPod/HTML5 images available! and an error loading the gyro plugin... do I have to create those images? or did I skip a step?

• check the tiles folder to see if you have mobile tiles and tablet tiles. Make sure you had the temp iphone license in the tools folder before dropping the image onto the tool. It should embed the temp license into the js script and also make the tiles for the idevices.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!