video on all platforms?

• For flash, the obvious choice is flv format, and from what I've read here it now seems you can use animated GIF's as a alturl on iOS.

If you don't use the flash based video plugin, are other video formats supported on iOS devices?

Do you need to use a java based "box" to bypass any limits?

cheers,

Robert

• You can use HTML5 video tag and the mp4 video file format, to display videos on idevices. For a customer I developed a videoplugin.js for krpano that works like videoplayer.swf. NDA though. Just saying its possible (and not to hard). Volume isnt suported though on idevices. So you cant mute/lower volume.

• thought this might work but it appears not to, guess I'll just have to add a image hotspot and for the flash part, disable it.

url="videoplayer.swf" alturl="V-small-fromMVI.gif"

Or am I wrong, should this work?

Cheers,

Robert

• They do, I saw it today. Can't show it as it's client work yet done.

Animated GIF's do work, but without distorted="true" it's a lesser value to the work I'm doing.

iPad and especially IPhones suck when it comes to working with 360's with any level of complication. Perhaps one day all will be one world.

Ya right *rolleyes*

Robert

• I had animated gifs working on iPhone's early today, now I have sound, and other gifs working with links, etc. but now without any change to the animated gif it no longer works on an iphone. I've yet to be able to test this on an iPad so who knows.

Apple has quickly moved from the professionals choice of platforms to the professionals nightmare of platforms.

If viewed as a opportunity, it means lock your clients into maintenance contracts as what works today, will not work tomorrow. Just be sure to charge enough to cover many hours of frustration :)

Robert

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von image360 (16. August 2011 um 04:30)

• The animated GIF does work on the iPad even with the music files, other links, etc.

My guess is that since the soundfile has to be preloaded the iPhone (a 3Gs) runs out of memory before it can load the animated GIF. I've asked someone associated with the project to check if a iPhone4 stills works.

Perhaps there needs to be altalturls to target the iPhone, or IPad or ......

I know there is the device tag which is currently a way around this, but it seems like it would be cleaner to have one soundfile or video file plugin with different alturl tags for each device if needed.

Cheers,

Robert

• I continue to see very inconsistent behavior from my current iPhone, a 3Gs. Now the animated GIF works even though I've not changed anything, no xml changes, no GIF or any other file change. But now it works with the music, etc.

What fun *rolleyes*

Robert

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!