You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Graydon

Professional

• "Graydon" started this thread

Wednesday, April 15th 2009, 4:47am

using krpano as a site navigator...

http://marlincreek.com/

I am playing around with using krpano as a site navigation tool.

You'll have to forgive the fact that you can't zoom with the scroller... in order to get the drop down menu to show up on top of the pano I've had to change the wmode... which screws with the scroller / zooming.

Graydon

Shanti

Intermediate

Tuur

Sage

Occupation: Krpano custom coding / Virtual Tours / Photography / Musician / Recording engineer

Wednesday, April 15th 2009, 10:53am

Very nice Graydon..!

isn't it nice when you stay in the pano and get al those information in textields and so?? hen you have this 3d Site..

Cheers

Tuur *thumbsup*
http://www.virtualtuur.com

VN2009

Professional

Wednesday, April 15th 2009, 3:22pm

great mind think alike :) i have a similiar idea but executed slightly different. it is work in progress just kinda trying new things out as i go. check it out.

www.virtualnorthland.com/beta

Graydon

Professional

Thursday, April 16th 2009, 3:40am

looks good VN... I toyed with an idea like that... but wanted to try playing with the cube pano. I may revisit it though.

I kinda like the floating effect that the plugins have in the current version.

Graydon

Graydon

Professional

Thursday, April 16th 2009, 4:29am

Here's a little demo for you VN... a slightly different approach to what you did.

http://marlincreek.com/demo/vn/vn.html

Try out the little planet view... it's like a doughnut... Homer Simpson would be so happy *w00t*

here's a small copy of the image used for the "pano"...

Graydon

Professional

Thursday, April 16th 2009, 6:40am

I updated it to include a sphere looking hotspot.

Some poly hotspots could be added as well.

Attached is the full xml code...
vn.xml

VN2009

Professional

Thursday, April 16th 2009, 11:00pm

nice, love it! the little planet view looks great i have to enable that view in mine when i get home and see how it looks. i have been thinking alot about creating entire sites within krpano and there is alot of benefits to it. makes it easy to create a dynamic website. i recently (actually today) signed deals with 2 local restaurants to create them a 360 website with a flash based menu. can't wait to get started. keep the ideas flowing :)

VN2009

Professional

Friday, April 17th 2009, 2:14am

mine did not look as good little planet words did not bend like yours did. i have a question though. i noticed that in the primary scene when i click a hotspot the scene itself spins then the object opens but once i enter a new scene at the bottom the pano no longer spins the focal point rotates instead. any idea why that would be?

Graydon

Professional

Friday, April 17th 2009, 2:43am

I clicked on a lot of things in your tour and tried the different scenes... it seems to work fine. I'm probably not understanding what exactly you mean by "the focal point rotates instead".

I'm having trouble getting your xml file to load in the regular view... it gives an "XML parsing error..."

VN2009

Professional

Friday, April 17th 2009, 4:33pm

ok when the pano loads and a hotspot is clicked the hotspots themselves rotate like they are a carosel. if you think of a person standing in the middle the person is always looking forward and the hotspots spin and stop in front of the person. once you load either scene when a hotspot is clicked the carosel stands still and when a hotspot is clicked the imaginary person in the middle has to turn and look at the hotspot not the hotspot moving in front of the person...? does that make any more sense caseu I cannot figure out why it does that.

Shanti

Intermediate

Friday, April 17th 2009, 7:40pm

you mean you want only the hotspots to rotate and not the pano?

right now its doing it how its suppose to do it since the hotspots are just over the photo, if you use a lookat the "person" is the one rotating (hence the name lookat), not the hotspots, but you get the feeling that the carrousel is rotating since the first image is just gray, once you load an image then you can see that everything rotates or the "person" rotates.

I don't have a solution for that, but maybe moving the hotspots instead of using the lookat, graydon is a way better Krpano coder than me, so maybe he has a better suggestion :)

VN2009

Professional

Friday, April 17th 2009, 8:35pm

yeah that is what it seems like. i know the 1st load uses "move to" but it seems after a scene is loaded it changes to "look to" i will investigate this again tonight and post back.

Graydon

Professional

Saturday, April 18th 2009, 2:01am

The moveto, lookto and zoomto actions all work the same...

ref: http://www.krpano.com/docu/actions/#lookto

If you want your hotspots to work like a carosel... then you'll have to set them up like Klaus did in his soundinterface sample here...
http://krpano.com/plugins/soundinterface/example.html

... click on button 4 and you'll notice it moves around.

The basic idea would be to setup some actions that did some tweens like "tween(ath,630,20)"... but for each hotspot at the same time.

I'll have to come back to this later with a better solution... timer is about to go off on the food I'm cooking. *g*

oh, here's the forum post about the soundinterface that has the snippet of code that you would build off of...
http://www.krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.ph…D=1783#post1783

... I'll try to get a more comprehensive solution out later.

Graydon

Edit:
*smile* mmmhh food was good... now I'm too full (and tired) to think straight... *w00t*

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Graydon" (Apr 18th 2009, 6:28am)

bulp

Intermediate

Thursday, April 23rd 2009, 5:23am

hi all... just want to share with all... this is my KRPANO as site navigator....

http://www.maya360.com

cheers..

Graydon

Professional

Thursday, April 23rd 2009, 6:15am

first page looks good... *thumbup* ... unfortunately on "entering" the site I get an error... see attached.

bulp

Intermediate

Thursday, April 23rd 2009, 8:49am

erk.. haha.. script error.. just edit it just now,.. thanks bro..

cheers..

Thursday, April 23rd 2009, 11:18am

wow, great

VN2009

Professional

Thursday, April 23rd 2009, 3:17pm

Very Nice. That is like what Graydon sample would be like finished. I have another beta version at home doing the same thing. Very similiar to what bulp has done that makes me want to finish it.

Graydon

Professional

Friday, April 24th 2009, 3:59am

bulp - looks great.

You've definitely executed the concept very elegantly... and I like it.