Embedding My Own Copyright

• Can I embed my copyright in the SWF file, using krprotect, independently from the number of panos involved in the VT, so that, whoever is going to work to the virtual tour, my copyright will be always visible in the first place in the context menu, but still let them all the possibilities to write their own XMLs and obviously to add their own copyrights, just from the second place on?

I don't want to send the Pano Image, I prefer to send the tiled version of the panorama... and I don't want to embed the tiles.

Should I generated a SWF file for each pano or can I use the VT Droplet either and generate only a single SWF? Now, how to embed only my copyright and not the generated XMLs?
    (Remeber: I want to let them all the possibilities to program the VT writing their own XMLs.)

On the other hand, just curios, can I prevent them to add their own copyright in the context menu?

Thanks,
    Marco

• Hi,

when the xml is embedded or encrypted then no one can edit it of course,

but when it is possible to edit the xml or an other xml then there are ways to modify the contextmenu, either by redefining or by dynamically setting it,

best regards,
    Klaus

• You will need the branding free license for removing the "about Krpano". Klaus was referring ( I believe ) to your own context menu items.

Jarredja, I know that, obviously... by the way there is not my or your context menu: there is only one context menu, that one generated by a droplet. I don't want to delete the KRPano Brand, I just want to add my brand in a way that no one else can change it, just like the KRPano brand.
    I mean, If Klaus can do it, it is possible: so, why not us either?

Suggestion for the "branding free license": not only to remove the KRPano brand but also to replace it with our own Brand, to protect our creativity from anyone else whose going to work on our Virtual Tour...
    Such a thing would make the "branding free license" a more interesting purchase.

*thumbsup*

• You are free to change the context menu entirely except the "about Krpano" and if you secure the XML with kprotect it should store your info in the swf so that no one can change it and use the tour as their own.

• Yes, but my problem is to give an editable xml just with my brand, just as Klaus is doing with us.
    Klaus can do it: he's giving us an editable xml, just with his Brand. So this is possible. It would be nice to know how?

I do need to brand my tour still letting the XMLs open to edit. *wink*

• Oh, you are wanting to leave it editable. I didn't realize that. Sorry, I thought you were building the tour for them. Maybe they need their own licenses if they are working on the tour themselves. Maybe not. I guess it depends on the situation.

• I'm pretty sure they would need their own license, because whoever edits the XML is building a own tour and if you are giving the possibility to do so it's just a weird way of reselling the krpano-license with your own brand instead of Klaus! And reselling your krpano-license is for for obvious reasons not right!

And like Klaus sad, you can create your own entry in the context menu and then decrypt and embed the XML into the SWF and no one will be able to remove thisentry without hacking the file.

Best regards
    Nupsi

• I'm pretty sure they would need their own license, because whoever edits the XML is building a own tour and if you are giving the possibility to do so it's just a weird way of reselling the krpano-license with your own brand instead of Klaus! And reselling your krpano-license is for for obvious reasons not right!

And like Klaus sad, you can create your own entry in the context menu and then decrypt and embed the XML into the SWF and no one will be able to remove thisentry without hacking the file.

Best regards
    Nupsi

Hi nupsi,

yes, they have their own krpano license... but sometime it happens that they ask me the shooting and the virtualization of each pano, instead of the complete virtual tour.
    This is just a way for them to save money on the virtual tour... and I need to embed my Copyright on this first step of the virtual tour creation and make it not editable but still let them to edit the XMLs for their work.

I'm sure this is possible, because Klaus already do so with us: his copyright is there, in the context menu, and it's not editable, but we can still edit the XMLs.
    My hope is that this will be possible, at least, buying a branding free license: better yet in a cheaper way *wink* ...

• Then your problem should be very easy to solve *wink*

1.) Create your pre-tour like you want to and include a line to a second XML-File with <include path/this-one-is-editable.xml>
    2.) Protect your Tour and embed YOUR XML-File with krpano-protect into the SWF
    3.) Your customers with their own licences can now add enything they want by creating and editing the second XML-File
    4.) Your customers can protect their single XML-File with the krpotect-tool
    5.) Your customers copy their protected XML-File into the given path with the given name and voila.....

...an extandable tour with your unchangeable presets and a changeable XML!

I can´t guarantee that it´s really working this way, but I see no reason why not. But you should ask Klaus first if this way of giving an editable tour to others is covered by the terms of use *attention*

Best regards
    Nupsi

• I can´t guarantee that it´s really working this way, but I see no reason why not. But you should ask Klaus first if this way of giving an editable tour to others is covered by the terms of use *attention*

Best regards
    Nupsi

Looking forward to hear from Klaus about the procedure suggested by Nupsi and about krpano license terms, even though I don't see any limit if everyone has his own krpano license.
    Yes, I might give a webmaster just the pano image but webmasters might forget the photographic work, while building the virtual tour: I'm just looking for my visibility. *wink*

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!