You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, April 15th 2009, 8:38am

Wordpress google maps

I have seen alot of people use google maps on the webpage with a link to the panorama,I also found this plugin for wordpress http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/xml-…ps/screenshots/

Do you think this is a good setup wordpress+plugins/xml-google-maps+krpano+embed plugin

I am also looking for a good panorama gallery setup.

Tim2420

nelk

Intermediate

Wednesday, April 15th 2009, 6:13pm

I'm interessed too about this topic !

Right now, I've no idea how to use google map with krpano.

The two software use javascript to share commands ?
VideoStitch, a video stitching engine / blog sur les visites virtuelles ( french ).

Graydon

Professional

Thursday, April 16th 2009, 5:39am

The two software use javascript to share commands ?
Depends upon how you want to setup your map(s) and pano(s).

If you want a googlemap within your pano screen / stage area... then the googlemap plugin is the easiest route to go.

IF you want your map to be different from the pano area... AND on the same viewable html page, then, yes, you use javascript to make the two communicate.

If you are just wanting to have a map of panos on one page... and the info bubble clicks take users to a new page (no map) then you can just use normal html linking format.

Saying that... it is easier to say than to implement... especially if you want the map and pano on the same page.... but not the map within the pano area... this is because the "normal" googlemap "engine" won't recognize the js needed to talk to krpano. BUT there are alternative solutions and they'll give you a perfectly good google map.

Sometimes deciding how you want it is the hardest part though.

Graydon

nelk

Intermediate

Saturday, April 18th 2009, 11:11am

Thanks Graydon,

Quoted

IF you want your map to be different from the pano area... AND on the same viewable html page, then, yes, you use javascript to make the two communicate.

Have you done such thing ?

I've a look in GMap Api. I think it's sould be quite simple

A function like this should do the trick :

Source code

GEvent.addListener(marker, "click", function() {
    krpano().call( "moveto(" + toh +"," + tov + ")" );
  });

I'll test it when I have a little bit time.
VideoStitch, a video stitching engine / blog sur les visites virtuelles ( french ).

Graydon

Professional

Sunday, April 19th 2009, 12:09am

Here's where I played around with it some... NOTE - I have not used the flash based google map... this is with the original map embed style.

http://testsite.marlincreek.com/tests/39…o-pano-baseline

The key to it working for me was to use the geoxml parser for my kml file. The google geo parser won't let you use js.

Here's the kml line for loading the pano...

Source code

<description><![CDATA[<a onclick="load_pano1_simple()">Panorama 1</a>]]></description>

... and the javascript functions defined...

Source code

<script type="text/javascript">
// <![CDATA[
function krpano() 
{
return document.getElementById("krpano");
}

function load_pano1_simple()
{
krpano().call("loadpano(null,sphere=/demo/js_calls/pano1.jpg,keepbase);");
}

function load_pano2_simple()
{
krpano().call("loadpano(null,sphere=/demo/js_calls/pano2.jpg,keepbase);");
}
// ]]>
</script>

Looking at the javascript samples Klaus provides in the download will help a lot.

Shanti

Intermediate

Sunday, April 19th 2009, 1:57am

Defintly, Graydon if there was a way to vote on this forum I would vote for you as coding guru :P

now we must find a way to make the marker "rotate" with the pano, and we are set :D