How to encrypt krpano license ??

• Hi guys !
    I'm making a new tour with the last krpano tools droplets, and have a problem with the krpano.license.js.
    I've try the kencrypt tool but it makes a "krapnoiphone demo version" watermark. *cry*
    My js folder contains :
    - tour.js (the mobile js)
    - swfkrpano.js
    - and needs my krpanoiphone.license.js to work, if I remove it adds the watermark.
    I don't know how to solve this !! *cursing*
    In fact it's always boring when updating to krpano beta !! *wacko*
    Can anyone post a clear explanation of how these things work together please ? *g*
    Thanks in advance.
    Best regards.

• If you are going to be using the iPhone version it kind of defeats the purpose to protect the flash version since the JavaScript files can't or shouldn't be put into kprotect. If you want to just update the swf and .js files, there is an updater tool although I can't remember if it was included in the last tools beta package. The kprotect tool was only designed for the flash version and was around before iThings were able to show panoramas. The js viewer is an entirely different viewer that works/can work with the XML files we have become accustomed to using. You could create your own XML for the .js viewer if you wanted but you can't protect it or the license with kprotect. You can use the created .js that you get after you process an image with one of the latest tools. It embeds your license into the .js. This allows you to only host that .js file and not put your actual license online.

• Hi,

right, the current file encryption is only for files that will be loaded by the krpano Flash viewer,

beside of this here more explanation about the files:

there are these 'core' files:
    krpano.swf - the krpano Flash Viewer
    krpanoiphone.js - the krpano iPhone/iPad Viewer
    swfkrpano.js - the embedding script

and there are these viewer license files:
    krpano.license - the license for the krpano Flash Viewer
    krpanoiphone.license.js - the license for the krpano iPhone/iPad Viewer

when using the MAKE PANO or MAKE VTOUR droplets with the default settings then all ".js" files will be merged together into one single ".js" file (e.g. to a "tour.js"), and the krpano.swf and the krpano.license will be merged together to a new .swf file (e.g. a "tour.swf"),

that means: (e.g. when using the MAKE VTOUR droplet)
    krpano.swf + krpano.license => tour.swf
    swfkrpano.js + krpanoiphone.license.js + krpanoiphone.js => tour.js

and that further means:
    - either use the swf and js files with the embedded licenses and scripts
    - or use the core files and the external licenses

It seems that the js needs a web connection to check it out,

no, that's not true.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi again ^^
    Thanks Klaus for the reply, that's really clear now ^^
    Sorry for the miss mess I thought that the license was checked up via network,
    but if not it's really cool !!!
    I'll post later when my web app is finished so you can see what possibilities offers the offline process
    using krpano js viewer ^^
    Best regards.

• Hi again ^^
    Have another problem here with the tour.js file ^^
    I have made the last beta update for krpano viewer and tools to use the combobox.js and gyro.js.
    When using the normal krpanoiphone.js, krpanoswfobject.js and krpano.license.js it works fine, but replacing it with the tour.js makes
    a weird thing with the combobox plugin...
    Here's a screenshot of it:

See the combobox is pretty small and doesn't show the fields in it...
    An idea maybe ?
    Thanks in advance for your patience I'm getting crazy with these !
    Best regards.

• Hi again ^^
    I allready test the native="false" attribute to the combobox.
    I think that the problem is here:

When using the normal krpanoiphone.js, krpanoswfobject.js and krpano.license.js it works fine, but replacing it with the tour.js makes

And don't know what messes up...
    I found an alternate solution with .htaccess to protect my license, and made a rule to authorize only the html calling page.
    But that's very embarassing...
    I'm working on it hoping I could make it work properly ^^
    PS : That would be great in future release to have a tour.js update tool when the license already embedded in it ^^
    Thanks again!

Here's my code if you can have an idea:
    XML:

And HTML:

@++

• Hi,

then it might be a version problem, maybe your tour.js is from a different version (e.g. from 1.0.8.12)...

PS : That would be great in future release to have a tour.js update tool when the license already embedded in it ^^
    Thanks again!

the 1.0.8.14 version includes an update tool:
    krpano 1.0.8.14

the tour.js is just the swfkrpano.js + krpanoiphone.license.js + krpanoiphone.js added togehter,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus !
    Got the same problem again :'(
    I really don't understand... It isn't a version problem...
    I've just dropped my panos in the last updated krpanotools MAKEVTOUR(normal), and added the combobox.js plugin,
    but the combobox behaves the same way till I put all my krpanofiles (krpanoiphone.js+swfkrpano+krpano.license.js) in the HTML page.
    Here's a link so you can see :
    CLICK HERE
    All the files are reachable in the root folder.
    It's very annoying cause the last time I had to let the krpano.license.js on the server, and I don't like that ^^
    Thanks again and hoping we could solve this.
    Best regards.

• Do you have your licenses in the tools folder, in the exact same folder as the tools, before you run a panorama through it? This should embed it all in the .swf and .js files without hosting them separately on your server.

• Hi Jarredja !
    Thanks for replying !
    Yes I have all my licenses in the krpanotools folder, for proof the iPhone version works, but the problem is with the combobox javascript plugin,
    it appears like in the screanshot in my previews post...
    When adding the unprotected js everything works fine...
    I use the latest update of Krpanotools though...

• Hi,

When adding the unprotected js everything works fine...
    I use the latest update of Krpanotools though...

there can technically no difference between the single and the merged files,
    so I still think you were using an old or mixed version,

try to run the "krpano Update Tool" and open there the ".swf" and ".js" files from your tour,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi again again ^^
    Thanks a lot for replying ^^

I've already updated my tour files, but I just did it again to be sure...
    Downloaded the beta of tools, droped another pano in the vtour droplet, and replaced the existing ones be the new ones...
    Same error !!
    Also tested to update the tour.js and the tour.swf with the krpanoupdate, same bug...
    I tried to put all the js files and swf files in the root folder of my tour, same bug...
    I tried also to remove one of the two comboboxes in my xml, thinkng about a conflict, but same bug again...
    I'm running out of ideas for solving that...
    The fact is that the tour works fine, maybe the combobox plugin and gyro ?!
    I know it's making no sense but I'm not that noobie and really can't solve this !!
    My only thinking is that maybe it doesn't work on my version of iPhone, I have the old 3G model with the version 4.2.1...

• Okay I've just downloaded the last version of the combobox plugin, indeed now I've got an error message :
    ERROR: combobox plugin - too old krpano version version (min. version 1.0.8.14 / build 2011-05-19)
    But the tool version is 2011-04-11, there not a newer release right ?
    So if I'm not so dummy I have to use the same build released for the two things, viewer and tools, wich is 2011-04-11 ?
    But that was the ones I was using before...
    *confused* *confused* *confused*

• well we are now at build 2011-10-14) .. look at the download page!

You should update all... plugins, js, etc etc..

tuur *thumbsup*

• Oh my GOOOODDDD ^^
    I'm really gonna think I'm stupid *whistling*
    Now it works ^^
    Sorry to have disturbed you all with that !
    The fact is that I was using the last beta of the tool, but not the same as the js plugins :-/
    I'm on 1.0.8.14 / build 2011-10-14 and all works great !
    But does this version loads well on iPhone version 4.3.4 ?
    Cause I was using the last beta cause of the problem on this version, the cubes faces loaded on the iPod where those for iPad, making crash the tour on iPod.
    This viewer build handle this problem ?
    Thanks again and have a nice day !!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!